Tier 2 scanner not working

I have spent something like 6 hours this morning trying to progress in Chapter 8, Into the Obscure. I have to scan for rifts while the heart is enhanced. I have seen small blobs of color appear above my character and move in that direction only to find NOTHING! WHAT THE HELL DOES THE SCAN LOOK LIKE???? I am sooo tired of not having any clue what is expected and no guidance from Anet. Does anybody have a picture or video of what the hell I should be looking for????? Ready to just quit the story.

• Like 1

t2 scans look identical to t1 and t3, when you get close to the event (red ring on the map), the event will say what tier number it is [Tier 1], [Tier 2], [Tier 3]. when you double click the motivation in your inventory it will come up with a buff on your bar, blue motivations change your scanner to track tier 1, green will look for tier 2, yellow will look for tier 3.

if you're following the scan but there is nothing there when you get there, it may be a case of other players have done it before you got there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, who want blood.8765 said:

t2 scans look identical to t1 and t3, when you get close to the event (red ring on the map), the event will say what tier number it is [Tier 1], [Tier 2], [Tier 3]. when you double click the motivation in your inventory it will come up with a buff on your bar, blue motivations change your scanner to track tier 1, green will look for tier 2, yellow will look for tier 3.

if you're following the scan but there is nothing there when you get there, it may be a case of other players have done it before you got there. 

I did find 5 rift events but my scanner didn't lead me to them so no credit towards my progress. I have clicked on the scanner and it says two events is active but I don't see the flow of little dots pointing the way. I don't even see a way to interact with the scanner so I figured it was automatic. 

10 hours ago, jahaan.1405 said:

I have spent something like 6 hours this morning trying to progress in Chapter 8, Into the Obscure. I have to scan for rifts while the heart is enhanced. I have seen small blobs of color appear above my character and move in that direction only to find NOTHING! WHAT THE HELL DOES THE SCAN LOOK LIKE???? I am sooo tired of not having any clue what is expected and no guidance from Anet. Does anybody have a picture or video of what the hell I should be looking for????? Ready to just quit the story.

I am having the exact same issue... matter of fact the motivation is no longer in my inventory so I can't even change the tier level... I am soooo lost on what to do...

• Like 1

does Uncommon Kyrptis Motivation boxes disapear after so many uses? i made a t2 box for an alt, then Sun morning was doing guild mision on my main and encountered a server hiccup that reset my position on the map and i had to restart a mission, after missions and when i logged back into my alt the box was gone. ???

no where on the tool tip does it say it temporary.  I'd like to know before i craft another and it disappears too. at this rate its pointless to craft them if u lose all your essences making more. 😞  25 to craft but i only gather 55 before it disappeard. that ratio is awful. oh wait no, it was 50 to craft- well.. kitten.

Edited by Kelly.7019

I finally figured it out, the tier 1 disappears when you get the tier 2, then you still have to open the tab to scan. I was tired and aggravated at the time so I missed that. Do we have to buy scanners to be able to find the rifts in Tyria? So far I've scanned and it says nothing is going on, only to stumble across an event.

Edited by jahaan.1405

Hi! Could you please tell me more about how to complete “Scan for rifts while the Heart is enhanced”?

I bought motivation (because Kamilla didn't give it to me), but I don't know what to do next? If I click on the motivation in the inventory, I see a message “You have begun tracking tier 2 rifts” or “You have removed your motivation and are now tracking tier 1 rifts”.

Please, help!

On 8/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, jahaan.1405 said:

I also spent hours without progress also, created a ticket last Thurs and not fix or response other than "We received it and are working on it"....even tried resetting Chapter 8 and nothing...reset Chapter 7 even to see if I could trip it....nothing.  Then read you could BUY the motivation box from TP.  Saw there were 3 different types, Common, Uncommon and Rare....BUY THE UNCOMMON one for 3g, (sucks we HAVE to DO ANYTHING to correct THEIR BUG),  is the one you want....then open it and your game will continue.

Hey GW2, YOU OWE ME WHAT I PAID

On 8/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, jahaan.1405 said:

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 6:25 PM, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

I also spent hours without progress also, created a ticket last Thurs and not fix or response other than "We received it and are working on it"....even tried resetting Chapter 8 and nothing...reset Chapter 7 even to see if I could trip it....nothing.  Then read you could BUY the motivation box from TP.  Saw there were 3 different types, Common, Uncommon and Rare....BUY THE UNCOMMON one for 3g, (sucks we HAVE to DO ANYTHING to correct THEIR BUG),  is the one you want....then open it and your game will continue.

Hey GW2, YOU OWE ME WHAT I PAID

Thanks for the info, you also get access to the recipes after completing the mastery track, but this is so counter intuiative and whats the rush with maxing out all the masteries.
The vault also has us pushing for gliding along a ley-line and most players will probably like to upgrade their skyscales first. 
I guess if GW2 is not a full time job grinding, then we are not having fun correctly...

• Like 1