Dagger primal burst should be an unblockable dash

Zekent.3652

Just like Axe primal burst changed to deal with the (hard nerfed) core axe animation that even has an aftercast, with dagger you just added one of the worst thief animations on warrior but at least thief has a dodge frame with that skill.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I'm surprised that this wasn't the case, it's a mobility skill, why would they remove it? this just worked with Decapitate (Axe primal burst) because core axe animation was heavily nerfed and has an annoying aftercast.

Instead, berserk just got (probably) the worst thief animation skill for this, but at least thief has a dodge frame with this animation.

For PvE has a really meh damage and for PvP... "but breaks 2 boons" yeah... you rather just play spellbreaker.

• Confused 1

It feels like it was added as an afterthought when someone woke up at 3 AM and went "oh kitten, warrior needs a dagger burst for berserker". 

I would be angry if I wasn't expecting it. I am no newbie to getting the short end of the stick on power zerk. Clearly nobody plays barbarian/fighting games at the DnD table at Anet, they have nobody attuned to the spirit of unga. It's disappointing more than anything.

On 8/28/2023 at 8:47 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What if... they added an evade to it... Hmmmm... Dagger go brrrrr...

an instant classic, and it took you 1/10000th of the patch's delivery time to come up with it. The spirit of unga is a wise sage.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It feels like it was added as an afterthought when someone woke up at 3 AM and went "oh kitten, warrior needs a dagger burst for berserker". 

I would be angry if I wasn't expecting it. I am no newbie to getting the short end of the stick on power zerk. Clearly nobody plays barbarian/fighting games at the DnD table at Anet, they have nobody attuned to the spirit of unga. It's disappointing more than anything.

an instant classic, and it took you 1/10000th of the patch's delivery time to come up with it. The spirit of unga is a wise sage.

I think if anything their DnD table is probably filled with Bards, Rangers (cuz they get to have a cute pet) and Warlocks (cuz edgy pact). How many kitten Warrior or Barbarian main story NPCs have we actually seen recently that aren't just side characters or get turned into a Revenant? Dagda is the most recent that comes to mind, but they are still a kitten spellcaster. Not that I'm opposed to something like that, but lets be honest...ANet ain't giving us a "Spellsword"/Eldritch Knight Elite Spec or anything any time soon, or ever, because that would mean they lose their excuse to not give Warrior actual boon accessibility and other tools they seem to reserve for the far more magically adjacent/inclined classes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I think if anything their DnD table is probably filled with Bards, Rangers (cuz they get to have a cute pet) and Warlocks (cuz edgy pact). How many kitten Warrior or Barbarian main story NPCs have we actually seen recently that aren't just side characters or get turned into a Revenant? Dagda is the most recent that comes to mind, but they are still a kitten spellcaster. Not that I'm opposed to something like that, but lets be honest...ANet ain't giving us a "Spellsword"/Eldritch Knight Elite Spec or anything any time soon, or ever, because that would mean they lose their excuse to not give Warrior actual boon accessibility and other tools they seem to reserve for the far more magically adjacent/inclined classes.

Frode. He uses axe/mace. You can see him use eviscerate, cyclone axe, and crushing blow. I think I saw him use tremor too.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Frode. He uses axe/mace. You can see him use eviscerate, cyclone axe, and crushing blow. I think I saw him use tremor too.

Sure, Frode. Frode and Dagda. Two. Probably less Dagda due to my previous explanation. Got any others in the cacophony of casters and otherwise?

14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Pretty sure Canache was a warrior that used consumables based on the skills that he used, but that is still debatable though.

He seemed more like an Elixir Engi/Warrior multiclass if anything. Point being they seem to more often than not merge the Warrior archetype into any other given thing, usually spellcasting. They also keep giving melee weapons to typically caster oriented professions; Reaper, Virtuoso, Catalyst, Weaver.

It does kind of feel like they don't necessarily like the pure Warrior or Barbarian sort of "style" which doesn't really work out for Warrior because they, for some reason, are very insistent (by the looks of their balancing and Elite Spec choices) on not deviating from the sort of "least-magical" aspect of it.

• Like 1

I tried playing around with Dagger Berserker in OW, and tbh apart from its janky animation, it is essentially a "better" Orange Slice with boon removal slapped onto it, and to an extent stability if you have Brave Stride. Considering MH dagger is like one of the best DPS weapon besides axe, and it has more utilities like gap closer and cc, it's not bad at all imo.