Sylvari green skin and armor only?

Brewsir.2417

I had been away from GW2 for a bit. I came back, decided to play my Sylvari Ranger. I began to notice that no matter what dye I put on my armor, it was always green. I googled it, and read some posts that were saying Sylvari skin color affects armor color. I scraped up some gold, traded for enough gems to get the makeover kit, and changed my Rangers skin tone to a more neutral, tan/beige. It always looks the way I intended in character selection, and in the hero panel, but in game, nothing changes, he's still green, and so is his armor. What gives?

Yes sylvari skin color affects their racial armor color. I have a green, yellow, blue and white sylvari. It was the hardest to get the green out of the yellow one and some tiny leaf tips are still a little bit greenish. It seems like it is harder to get rid of the green on some skin colors mostly yellow reddish ones, while i didn't notice green on my blues and whites sylvari armor.If you don't want to buy yet another makeover kit you can try darker colors on your armor those seem to cover the green easier.

Since you mentioned that both the character and the armour are green the most likely explanation is that it's either the sylvari's glow colour (and you're wearing cultural armour) or it's an upgrade component, like the Poly-luminscent Undulating Refractor (Green).

Less likely, if it's a subtle green glow around the edges it could be that you're using the Lunatic Noble armour from Halloween.

Before spending any more money to try and fix it, find out for sure what's causing it.

1. If it's the characters glow then it will only happen at night. Wait until it's daytime in-game or go to a map where it's always day like the Mistlock Observatory (Fractals lobby) or the Edge of the Mists and see if the glow goes away.
  2. If it's an upgrade then removing the item the upgrade is on will stop the effect. Try removing your armour and trinkets 1 at a time to see if it stops.
  3. If it's your armour then switching to any other armour (or simply removing it) will stop the effect.
  4. If you're still not sure you can post a screenshot and we can try to work it out.

If 2 or 3 works then the solution is simply to stop using that item. If it's 1 then it's a bit more complicated. You can restrict the effect to just the character by wearing anything except sylvari cultural armour since that's the only one which will pick up the glow colour. If you want to stop it completely then I'm afraid you'll need another Total Makeover Kit - there's a slider on the Skin Pattern tab that allows you to set how bright the glow is - dragging it all the way to the left turns it off completely. Alternatively you can change the colour and brightness to something you like.

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:Do you have some kind of infusion or glow effect going on? I never saw anything about Sylvari skin color affecting armor color.

It only applies to cultural armor. And its not the entire armor, just certain parts of it take colors from your skin tone, mainly the parts that connect to your skin, to make it look like its actually growing from your body (because that's the lore of Sylvari cultural armor, that they grow it themselves from their own bodies).

Based on everything you've said Brewsir, I'd say the most likely culprit is some sort of infusion / accessory like the Poly-Luminscent Undulating Refractor Danikat linked above.

If it was the Sylvari racial glow it wouldn't be constant, it'd be pulsing on and off. Not to mention only appearing at night and on certain parts of your skin, and NOT on most armor except for very specific cultural armors.

Also, infusion effects only show in-game, not on the hero panel, which also fits your description. How it looks normal / how you intend it to look on the menu screens, but then everything is green in-game.

Check your accessory slots for either an amulet called "Oontz's Necklace", an ascended item with a poly-luminescent infusion, or an exotic item with the poly-luminescent upgrade jewel slotted into it. Removing that from your character should get rid of the effect. Don't just delete it though, they're worth a decent amount of money if you don't want to keep it. You'd either need to salvage it if its just the accessory (make sure to use a Black Lion Salvage Kit for the 100% chance to acquire the upgrade) or use an Infusion Extraction Kit (bought in the Fractals of the Mists) if its just the infusion equipped to an Ascended item.

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:Do you have some kind of infusion or glow effect going on? I never saw anything about Sylvari skin color affecting armor color.

Your Sylvari skin colour mostly effects Cultural and Twilight Arbor armor.If you make a red character, put on all black cultural or TA armor, you will be able to see a red outline of "skin" connecting to the armor itself. It's one of the main reasons I love Sylvari actually.

Archived