SotO - Dagda (mild spoilers?)

Edit - I did not realise the precise relation of Dagda and Frode, which led to my initial confusion.

Other Edit: I don't hate Dagda, just in case there was any confusion there. All the characters and writing in SotO are/is a huge step up IMO. However...

I'm at the point in the expansion where I encounter Dagda, and ... oh my. What *happened* to her? How can she be Frode's sister? The only way it's possible is if she fell through the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, thus clearing the path for her far more appealing brother. Sweet mother of God. She might be the most unfortunate creature I have ever met in this game. That Skritt who's friends with the mute Charr bares more resemblence to Frode than Angry-Ms-Ape-Face. I have a spare Total Makeover Kit in my Commander's inventory, do you think she'd accept the hint? Heck, could it even *help*?!

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Frode is a Norn. Dagda is a

Spoiler

Jotun, from before the Jotun race became the tribalistic people they are now.

Agreed she's not attractive, but neither is any other member of their race...to us. Maybe to others of her race she's considered a super model. Not every character has to be aesthetically appealing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Jeir.4862 said:

Frode is a Norn. Dagda is a

Reveal hidden contents

Jotun, from before the Jotun race became the tribalistic people they are now.

Agreed she's not attractive, but neither is any other member of their race...to us. Maybe to others of her race she's considered a super model. Not every character has to be aesthetically appealing.

Well that does explain it, I was under the impression she was actually related to Frode, so when I saw her I wondered if perhaps Frode's parents never told him she was adopted.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

We have multiple races that are not conventionally attractive.  Asura are often quite hideous frankly, imo.  Skritt are ill kept rats.  Say nothing of the naked mole rat people, the dredge.  Braham looks like he was hit in the face with a shovel. 

I like her styling, her stoicism, and practical hair.  She may not be pixels you lust after, but she looks like she can get things done and not give a flying fig what someone thinks of her appearance.  Also not everyone called brother or sister is a blood one...sometimes it's the family you find along the way.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

We have multiple races that are not conventionally attractive.  Asura are often quite hideous frankly, imo.  Skritt are ill kept rats.  Say nothing of the naked mole rat people, the dredge.  Braham looks like he was hit in the face with a shovel. 

I like her styling, her stoicism, and practical hair.  She may not be pixels you lust after, but she looks like she can get things done and not give a flying fig what someone thinks of her appearance.  Also not everyone called brother or sister is a blood one...sometimes it's the family you find along the way.

There's no need to 'IMO' about Asura, they are absolutely hideous. Imagine one of them cracking a shark toothed smile at you in real life. Yikes.

I didn't realise Frode and Dagda weren't blood related, that's why I was shocked, because she was ugly even for a Norn!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

There's no need to 'IMO' about Asura, they are absolutely hideous. Imagine one of them cracking a shark toothed smile at you in real life. Yikes.

I didn't realise Frode and Dagda weren't blood related, that's why I was shocked, because she was ugly even for a Norn!

Those little teeth....think about Phlunt haunting you lol.  Yikes indeed.  

She's definitely not beautiful but I have a soft spot for blue characters, and for the other reasons I mentioned.  💙

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Those little teeth....think about Phlunt haunting you lol.  Yikes indeed.  

She's definitely not beautiful but I have a soft spot for blue characters, and for the other reasons I mentioned.  💙

Yep I definitely don't dislike her, and I too would be annoyed if I was basically a 10 foot death machine that just got smacked down by a softly spoken 5 foot Sylvari, whose battle tactics amounted to little more than standing still, eating kitten and healing through it.

I'll be looking over my shoulder tonight though. For glinting teeth.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1