[Suggestion] Hybrid Cam Mode

I like both action cam and the normal cam modes. While holding down the right mouse button, while in the normal camera mode, it becomes harder to aim AoE abilities. I suggest adding a camera mode that falls in the middle of these two camera modes! Hybrid cam mode. While not holding down the camera movement button we get the normal camera. While holding the camera movement button we get the action camera. Seems like a simple idea, no? This mode would need to disable holding down both mouse buttons to use walking, as both buttons will be needed for targeting and camera toggling purposes, but I never really use that personally.

I did the stuff in the image by using a Lua script for my Logitech gaming mouse. It's kind of buggy and poorly scripted though, so people can get stuck in a bind with it if they aren't careful. It might not be wise for me to share the script.

Gw2_demo.gif.880886dccd18242d94493049f38da5c8.gif.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

You'd think such ideas and and additions are simple, but tbh I would prefer to have a working action cam first instead of one that automaticly disable itself just because you captured a WvW objective.

Is that seriously a bug? Lol. Makes me want to check it out. I find it hard to stick to action camera mode while in WvW, because I need to hit things on top of walls at specific angles. Maybe the developers are all pro mortar kit engineers that know how to strike siege weapons with the right camera angles, so they can't use action camera? Would explain the oversight of that bug. 😔

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I would not like this.  If it were optional, then sure I guess.

Yeah, too many people like the classic controls of MMORPGs to chuck out the basics. The current setup is used by people that move their characters forward with the lmb+rmb combo. Perfect for when your WASD left hand is covered in Cheeto dust! I think it's unwise to strip that away from people. I can relate to an extent, although I use auto-run for that.

I'm suggesting a 3rd option that allows for people to quickly swap between the two existing modes really fast. This would allow for players to utilize the best of both modes. The accuracy and easy to interact with UI of the normal camera with the fast pace of the action camera rolled into one!

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Confused 1

Forgot to mention, the Lua script's biggest issue I had was that it can't really detect when I want to interact with UI elements of the game, such as drawing on the minimap. It's why I can't really just settle with it, even though I was considering messing around with it more at one point. This kind of feature would probably be something that needs modifications to the game client to feel seamless.

• Haha 1