Proposal: Change the daily/weekly task assignment from Ownership to Mastery-Group unlocked

Dayra.7405

It doesn't concern me, but some of my guild-mates. If you are new and start gw2 by e.g. buying dragon-package with HoT, PoF, EoD, you get daily/weekly task from all over Tyria, HoT, PoF, Eod. However you need likely months till you can reach all these areas and miss dailies quite often due to this.

Instead of assigning tasks by ownership, tasks could by assigned by mastery-category (HoT-masteries, PoF-Masteries, ...) unlocked. Which means the account has already started to play that area and not only owns it, but is month away ffrom reaching it.

Should be also in the sense of marketing. Being harmed by buying expansions in advance doesn't appear to be a promissing marketing strategy to me.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• Dayra.7405 changed the title to Proposal: Change the daily/weekly task assignment from Ownership to Mastery-Group unlocked

I like this idea. It would effectively eliminate objectives from expansions not triggered by actively playing in them. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much playtime to trigger the mastery system.

In my case, I was greedy & wanted the raptor, so I jumped ahead to PoF in order to get it. That naturally triggered the associated mastery line, so now the WV regularly gives me objectives in that expansion, even though I'm not there yet in the story. 

Like a dummy, I jumped ahead to EoD because I wanted to see with my own eyes, how my graphics settings responded to the green aesthetics, why some players were overwhelmed by them. Even though I only ran around the first area a bit, I can't remember for sure, but I think that is when the mastery line was triggered.

Since then, I've joined a guild with a hall located in Cantha & have completed daily harvesting there & stepped foot on the first map. So if I had not checked out the green earlier, I'm guessing that by visiting the guild hall and / or stepping foot on the first map, the mastery would have been triggered then & there. 

So while I really like this idea, maybe it could be taken a step further. Maybe if a player has completed the first map or done X number of hearts / events in an expansion, then they get objectives there as well.

Something along those lines would have effectively locked me out of having WV objectives in those maps, until I naturally arrived there in my personal story, or I made the decision to ditch completing the story chronologically. 

I'm beginning to feel that ditching the story might be the solution, which isn't ideal, but maybe necessary to really enjoy the game now vs sometime in the future.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Ah interesting. Must have missed the forum post where they announced it. Didn't know such changes were officially confirmed here on the forums already.

Edit: Found it. Luckly the wiki has the upcoming stuff good documented with links to official posts. Thought there were some full preview patch notes and did not expect to have to search for a thread with that title.

It seems still pretty odd that they ... seem like they are "out of options" when there is so much other content. If they want the JP strictly weekly and a "mini dungeon" in the daily every now and then ... there are a lot of other "mini dungeons". Even in the core game. And most easier and more fun. Seems like an odd way to try people that already have paid for EoD ... to play EoD content that most people would like to avoid.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Ah interesting. Must have missed the forum post where they announced it. Didn't know such changes were officially confirmed here on the forums already. 😄

To much action in the.EN-Forum to see everything or find it again, but here the post from the DE-forum https://de-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/9995-ziel-updates-für-das-gewölbe-des-zauberers-valdhertz-grüfte-und-auswahl-tagesziele/

with google translate or deepl.com you may still get infos out of it 😎

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1