Disparity between Static Charge and Pinch of Stardust

19 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Like I said, I think I need a more efficient route. Only started last night and practice will help. I spent about an 45-60 minutes playing last night and got about 400 pinches (enough for one of the achievements). So I'm far far below your numbers 🙂
That's also why I was asking. I figured something in what I was doing was off.

That's fair and I agree. I like the options too. I just need to make sure to be on for the meta and get it done more often.

I need 2 more pouches and was planning on grabbing them from the meta-chest. There's several somewhat-hidden requirements throughout the achievements that take 250 pinches of dust specifically. So I need plenty of pinches as well.

I ride east from the Natural WP and hit the N-K gap and zig zag up and down to get the magics. At the K-S gap I get the columns of magic in order then fly back to the Latent Magic 'ramp' that goes from Knowledge to Strength. I fly to the updraft NW from that spot to max height then as the Bond of Vigor procs I continue gaining altitude and spam the skyscale dodge. I am able to just barely land at the island south of the S-B gap, it usually has an orichalcum node there for reference. I fly down the Latent Magic ramp there to the S-B gap. There are some Magic - Updraft - Magic columns that I grab there ending on the Balance side of the gap. There is a large Latent Magic arch that takes you back to Strength that I then ride. From there I collect the magics on the lower portion of the gap flying to the north, I hit the NE updraft in the gap, then collect the magic in the upper areas of the gap. I then WP to the Balance WP, collect two magics from that gap then ride the B-O Latent Magic ramp, fly around the outside eastern portion of Obscure to the O-N ramp to Natural. I then fly to the bottom right island, there is a magic ramp to take you up to it. I then fly north to Obscure. There is a magic ramp to Obscure, letting of at the Rich Orichalcum Vein. To the west of the vein is a column of magic to take you up to Obscure proper. After that I swap to griffon to speed on over to the N-K gap to repeat. It feels inefficient, but if I even skip the few magics at the B-O gap the ones in the N-K gap have not refreshed yet.

Whole lap takes about 15 minutes and takes you past two orichalcum nodes, 1 rich mithril vein, and 1 rich orichalcum vein. The parts of the lap in the Bastion of the Natural overlap with several Rift locations, so you can pause and do a rift or two to break up the monotony.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I ride east from the Natural WP and hit the N-K gap and zig zag up and down to get the magics. At the K-S gap I get the columns of magic in order then fly back to the Latent Magic 'ramp' that goes from Knowledge to Strength. I fly to the updraft NW from that spot to max height then as the Bond of Vigor procs I continue gaining altitude and spam the skyscale dodge. I am able to just barely land at the island south of the S-B gap, it usually has an orichalcum node there for reference. I fly down the Latent Magic ramp there to the S-B gap. There are some Magic - Updraft - Magic columns that I grab there ending on the Balance side of the gap. There is a large Latent Magic arch that takes you back to Strength that I then ride. From there I collect the magics on the lower portion of the gap flying to the north, I hit the NE updraft in the gap, then collect the magic in the upper areas of the gap. I then WP to the Balance WP, collect two magics from that gap then ride the B-O Latent Magic ramp, fly around the outside eastern portion of Obscure to the O-N ramp to Natural. I then fly to the bottom right island, there is a magic ramp to take you up to it. I then fly north to Obscure. There is a magic ramp to Obscure, letting of at the Rich Orichalcum Vein. To the west of the vein is a column of magic to take you up to Obscure proper. After that I swap to griffon to speed on over to the N-K gap to repeat. It feels inefficient, but if I even skip the few magics at the B-O gap the ones in the N-K gap have not refreshed yet.

Whole lap takes about 15 minutes and takes you past two orichalcum nodes, 1 rich mithril vein, and 1 rich orichalcum vein. The parts of the lap in the Bastion of the Natural overlap with several Rift locations, so you can pause and do a rift or two to break up the monotony.

Thank you for that explanation. I saved the map and drew out what I could and will try it tonight. Thank you so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

For clarification, by "Latent Magic Ramp", you are talking about the ley lines right?

Nope. That is why I said Latent Magic and not ley lines. That is what the floating magic is called in the Horn of Maguuma. Latent Magic.

These serve as ways to get your skyscale between bastions before you have any masteries. So they form lanes, ramps, arches, etc. Some are right below updrafts so that if you barely make it there and you have don't have the updraft mastery you can get to altitude after the Latent Magic.

So those 'magic ramps' I mentioned were describing Latent Magic trails going up or down from islands or bastions.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nope. That is why I said Latent Magic and not ley lines. That is what the floating magic is called in the Horn of Maguuma. Latent Magic.

These serve as ways to get your skyscale between bastions before you have any masteries. So they form lanes, ramps, arches, etc. Some are right below updrafts so that if you barely make it there and you have don't have the updraft mastery you can get to altitude after the Latent Magic.

So those 'magic ramps' I mentioned were describing Latent Magic trails going up or down from islands or bastions.

Thank you. That's why I was asking. I'm currently at work so was trying to picture what you were talking about, without getting to just go look in game.
I appreciate all of the input and clarification. This will be very helpful.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So, how was your Pinches of Stardust gathering adventure?

It worked out pretty well. I collected about 800 last night. Finished off the New Look collection, as well as the Knowledge of the Elders collection. I collected as much pinches of stardust last night as the previous 2 nights combined.

Thank you much! The path made a lot more sense once I got in game and could really see what you were talking about.

20 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

It worked out pretty well. I collected about 800 last night. Finished off the New Look collection, as well as the Knowledge of the Elders collection. I collected as much pinches of stardust last night as the previous 2 nights combined.

Thank you much! The path made a lot more sense once I got in game and could really see what you were talking about.

Yeah, I kind of gave you the Southern USA style of directions there didn't I? I gathered 1,500 myself and decided to go do some weeklies.

• Haha 1