Solution for Implementing Alliances - Shut WvW for a month or more if you need to

Anet -

I have read on posts that it is difficult to work on and fix WvW because it's like working on an engine while the car is driving.  So this is my suggestion to all of your development team.  

Do everything that is possible to plan for and create an update on alliances without having to implement it yet.  Once you have all of that work done, which I would imagine you are close to or already have it done.  Then simply post a message to all GW2 players that you are going to SHUT DOWN WvW for 1,2 or however many months it is going to take you to update it.

It's fine, they will survive.  Just shut WvW down, turn the car off and let the engineers fix the engine.  And try to minimize the time it's down, but everyone will be much happier for it afterwards.

If you need to SHUT WVW DOWN for a month or more, DO IT!!!!  Get us the update !!!  Thank you.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2023 at 9:41 PM, AlphaLightBringer.7431 said:

Anet -

I have read on posts that it is difficult to work on and fix WvW because it's like working on an engine while the car is driving.  So this is my suggestion to all of your development team.  

Do everything that is possible to plan for and create an update on alliances without having to implement it yet.  Once you have all of that work done, which I would imagine you are close to or already have it done.  Then simply post a message to all GW2 players that you are going to SHUT DOWN WvW for 1,2 or however many months it is going to take you to update it.

It's fine, they will survive.  Just shut WvW down, turn the car off and let the engineers fix the engine.  And try to minimize the time it's down, but everyone will be much happier for it afterwards.

If you need to SHUT WVW DOWN for a month or more, DO IT!!!!  Get us the update !!!  Thank you.

Cheers

The way the servers are structured there is no reason for a shutdown for maintenance. This isn't a maintenance issue. Asking for the game mode to be down for months, will have to go with lets not do that thing if you don't mind.