Please adjust Dragon's End to fail less.

HeliosMagi.9867

We had a full squad of 50 players, all organized into subgroups with Quickness and Alacrity covers, we broke her Defiance bar every single time it came up, and we cleared both split phases without any bosses reviving. I was using my Raid build that I bench 35k with. By all metrics this should have been a group that couldn't lose, but somehow we ran out of time at only 3%! It's so frustrating dedicating yourself to a 2 hour meta only to fail at the end and receive no compensation for the time you put in, just because half the group have bad builds and no concept of a proper DPS rotation. Please do SOMETHING to make this event not a coin-flip as to whether it succeeds or fails. Ideas:

Reduce Soo-Won's health.

Increase the time limit

Make attacks that render the boss invulnerable or move her to the other side of the platform less frequent

Increase the damage multiplier against her when her Defiance Bar is broken

Increase the size of the boss's hitbox or more clearly communicate where it is (i swear half the time I'm not even sure if I'm even hitting her.)

Implement Gear and Build checking so we can kick those with bad builds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Having rarely seen it fail, even with last minute pugs who don’t communicate, I’m not convinced it needs nerfing. And they tend to nerf on metrics rather than feedback.

Having said that, I’d like it to be a bit cleaner. I think the hit box is often too vague and combined with the way targeting doesn’t accurately target her or the nearest bit box, I think there’s tweaks to that which would be helpful at least.

Do keep in mind Anet are very keen on power creep. It will naturally get easier over time

• Like 3

I wonder if some form of diminishing returns could be done - do it this fast, you get reward X.  In the next 5 minutes, you get reward Y which isn't as good, and so on.

I understand why things have timers, but it is also really frustrating to run out of time when the creature has <5% health left.  It makes me avoid that sort of content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Solvar.7953 said:

I wonder if some form of diminishing returns could be done - do it this fast, you get reward X.  In the next 5 minutes, you get reward Y which isn't as good, and so on.

I understand why things have timers, but it is also really frustrating to run out of time when the creature has <5% health left.  It makes me avoid that sort of content.

So like how IBS strikes work? That'd be a fantastic solution. Increase the time limit to 30m, but give bonus rewards if the groups kills her in under 20.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1