Sunqua Peak Fractal is awesome

I just wanted to say that we played the Sunqua Peak Fractal for the first time today and it was really cool. Beautiful map and fun mechanics.

We actually failed to beat the final encounter as we had a pickup group of 4, none of whom it turned out had done it before and one left after our second wipe, but will definitely be giving it another go with my regular group once they get some agony resistance.

More of that please 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

at least in Tier 2, the final boss is very chill with a healer in the group. since my main is DH, i just swap to a quick-heal FB and carry the group.

Right, yeah with my regular group of friends and family I usually run a celestial tempest and can provide a decent amount of heal. We didn't have any healers in the pickup group, good fun tho...

5 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Right, yeah with my regular group of friends and family I usually run a celestial tempest and can provide a decent amount of heal. We didn't have any healers in the pickup group, good fun tho...

T2 without healer is doable to if group know the wipe mechanics in fire/water phase, (and take care of itselfs).

Sunqua CM is my favorite fractal for two reasons:  First and foremost, it has the best fractal boss fight.  I wish I could say I enjoy the rest of the fractal, but I really don't.  Fortunately, the CM opens a portal that skips the entire fractal and takes you right to the good part!  The result is more like a 5-man strike boss than a normal fractal, but it's quick, rewarding, and fun!

I find the toughest phase for people to figure out is the water phase because there's no way to heal through failed mechanics on this part. 

First mechanic:  Blue beams.  These strike the closest target and then stack a debuff.  If it reaches 10 stacks, the target dies.  Try letting it stack to 4 and then backing off behind your teammates to let them take the beam.  Be careful not to let another beam tag you until your stacks fall off.  The beams strike in a clockwise order, so pay attention to where the current beam is and you'll know where you need to stand to avoid the next one.

Second mechanic: Green circles.  Deals a large amount of damage split between however many players are standing in the circle.  Your party should stack in these to spread the damage out across as many players as possible.

Tips for water phase:  Before the phase begins, everyone should move to the same position away from the center.  The phase begins with a wave of water that pushes everyone away from the center.  If you're spread out all over the place, you may have some players pushed far away from the group and they may die to blue beams or green circles before they can get back.  Every player you lose in this phase makes it that much harder to survive.

If you don't kill the boss in the first round of water phase, you'll enter a tougher version.  It has the same mechanics as the first, but the boss will take the center of the arena inside a water tornado.  Don't try to enter the tornado or attack the boss.  Move to the wall so you can avoid the alternating water lines and deal with the mechanics more easily.  Survive and then finish her off once the phase is over.

• Like 1