suggestion for dev: new method for take mastery point

Sephiroth.2503

Hello everyone

I've been a Guild Wars 2 player since day one. over the years I have played the game with a certain consistency, taking a long break only from path of fire until the release of secret of obscure.

I'm very happy with the changes the game has had over the years, and I wanted to suggest a small addition for the wizard vault.

Many players like me who don't speak any of the languages included in the game or who have difficulty following the archivements to unlock the mastery points, may find it interesting to unlock the missing points through the wizard vault rewards.

personally I have almost completed all the main masteries of the main expansions, but many of the ice brood saga are practically impossible for me to unlock since no one plays certain instanced events that require completing certain challenges anymore.

It would be nice if each player could unlock additional mastery points with daily and weekly objectives, in order to easily complete the missing masteries that for various reasons cannot be unlocked through the archivements.

I hope this idea can be taken into consideration by the development team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Sephiroth.2503 said:

It would be nice if each player could unlock additional mastery points with daily and weekly objectives, in order to easily complete the missing masteries that for various reasons cannot be unlocked through the archivements.

What's to stop people from then never engaging in the content related to those mastery points and just do dailies over and over again to get their mastery points? Your method means people could completely ignore expansion content yet still unlock all the masteries introduced with said expansions.

Also, you say you don't speak any of the languages included in the game, yet your English seems just fine. If you can write a post like this you can understand the description of achievements that award mastery points as well. I've seen much worse posts than this when it comes to language skill.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

What's to stop people from then never engaging in the content related to those mastery points and just do dailies over and over again to get their mastery points? Your method means people could completely ignore expansion content yet still unlock all the masteries introduced with said expansions.

Also, you say you don't speak any of the languages included in the game, yet your English seems just fine. If you can write a post like this you can understand the description of achievements that award mastery points as well. I've seen much worse posts than this when it comes to language skill.

thank you for your compliments, but it's all thanks to google translate hahahaha

I am Italian, and I assure you that there are many people in my country who play Guild Wars 2 and have difficulty completing certain archivements both for the language and for other reasons related to their skill at the game, or for comprehension problems generic regarding game content. myself, regarding many masteries, I am unable to complete the archivements (and I speak as an average expert player with 486 mastery points spent). in my case I'm missing about 18 points on ice brood saga (impossible for me to recover), and about  15 on secret of obscure.

given that through dailies it is even possible to simplify the crafting of first generation legendaries and purchase ascended armor and weapons, I don't see why we can't allow those who have difficulty getting some points to be able to purchase them with 100 or 200 wizard vault tokens....could be an additional choice that you provide to players. not everyone is a hardcore gamer or a language expert. acquiring points for the store still forces you to complete certain in-game activities. no one gives you master points without doing anything...

Personally, when this mechanic came out, I would have liked it to be solely linked to map exploration. every time I have to unlock a collection for mastery or other purposes, I have to look for video guides on youtube, or addons to help me complete it. For many inexperienced PC players, these tools become problematic.

if you try to put yourself in the shoes of the less experienced, it could be a valid solution to help everyone grow regardless of the type of player and how much time they have available to invest in the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I don’t vehemently oppose many ideas, but this one of them. Under no circumstances should mastery points ever be gained through the vault. Not ever.

I don’t think there’s any issues with gaining them now, but I’d rather see more options in their respective expac than setting a precedent like this.

100% no

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I don’t vehemently oppose many ideas, but this one of them. Under no circumstances should mastery points ever be gained through the vault. Not ever.

I don’t think there’s any issues with gaining them now, but I’d rather see more options in their respective expac than setting a precedent like this.

100% no

I would have preferred them to be 100% obtainable through exploration. it would have made life very easy for many users who do not understand certain archives well

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Why play a game without playing a game...?

If you play the game from day 1 and have over 450 mastery points, the problem isn't that obtaining them is too difficult, but that is too long and tiring. If you have played for more than 10 years, the language at this point isn't the problem too. I understand that not having your native language is tedious, I'm italian too, but the english used in the game is pretty basic and easily accessible.

Icebrood mastery points are easily farmed in solo. There are a lot not related in collection that simply come from pure gameplay (and there are more than you need to complete the mastery).

As for SOTO is a new expansion, you have plenty of time to collect all the points you need. Do the new maps, do the events and meta, at the end Is only a question of time.

And...more importantly...the community of GW2 Is one of the most dedicated I have ever seen. Are you really complaining to have to follow video guide of the achies you don't understand........?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sephiroth.2503 said:

thank you for your compliments, but it's all thanks to google translate hahahaha

I am Italian, and I assure you that there are many people in my country who play Guild Wars 2 and have difficulty completing certain archivements both for the language and for other reasons related to their skill at the game, or for comprehension problems generic regarding game content. myself, regarding many masteries, I am unable to complete the archivements (and I speak as an average expert player with 486 mastery points spent). in my case I'm missing about 18 points on ice brood saga (impossible for me to recover), and about  15 on secret of obscure.

given that through dailies it is even possible to simplify the crafting of first generation legendaries and purchase ascended armor and weapons, I don't see why we can't allow those who have difficulty getting some points to be able to purchase them with 100 or 200 wizard vault tokens....could be an additional choice that you provide to players. not everyone is a hardcore gamer or a language expert. acquiring points for the store still forces you to complete certain in-game activities. no one gives you master points without doing anything...

Personally, when this mechanic came out, I would have liked it to be solely linked to map exploration. every time I have to unlock a collection for mastery or other purposes, I have to look for video guides on youtube, or addons to help me complete it. For many inexperienced PC players, these tools become problematic.

if you try to put yourself in the shoes of the less experienced, it could be a valid solution to help everyone grow regardless of the type of player and how much time they have available to invest in the game.

I'm italian too, but I never had any problem understanding what you had to do by reading the description of the achievements. Also, in my opinion, these mastery points achievements are very easy and fast to complete (except some from the icebrood saga). The ones from SOTO are super easy; basically, just do all the events on both of the maps and you will unlock many mastery points already.

Btw, if you are having these type of problems, you could just search up for the achievement name on Google, Youtube (for guided visual tutorials) or gw2 wiki (you can translate the page, so you can follow all the steps easily).

For me it's totally a bad idea to be able to unlock mastery points within the Wizard's Vault.. 

• Like 1