Game keep crashing at cursed shore

The game keep crashing, this begin to happen when i did T2 rift after it happen again during meta for temple, 4 times.

I send the report for crashing. This begin to happen on the maps with rift event, at least for me, don't know if somebody

else it experiencing this.

Please give a suggestion if it from my side or not, since if i choice another character and play on another map, this doesn't happen.

I'm getting crashes all the time now. Doesn't matter where.. Always some shader stuff in the crash log. Repair would never run.. always Not Responding. Removed d3d11.dll from bin64 folder YES THE BIN64 folder... , ran Repair (not responding) left it that way, ran dxdiag and it got Not Responding, left it that way  - and within seconds both Repair and dxdiag are running.  crossing fingers...

9/25/23 Didn't work just crashed again, and no d3d11.dll anywhere now. 

D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\Bgfx\BgfxShader.cpp(191)  <-- this folder doesn't even exist but is in the crash report near the top.

9/27/23 Updated gpu driver, apparently there was a new one just recently. No idea if it's helping, but haven't crashed in the typical Dragonstorm or Wizards Tower locations. One day w/o gpu driver update, and the other with. /shrug only time will tell.

Helpful comments appreciated.. not condescending bs. 

Edited by Luna Lite.7130
clarification
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Luna Lite.7130 said:

I'm getting crashes all the time now. Doesn't matter where.. Always some shader stuff in the crash log. Repair would never run.. always Not Responding. Removed d3d9.dll from bin64 folder, ran Repair (not responding) left it that way, ran dxdiag and it got Not Responding, left it that way  - and within seconds both Repair and dxdiag are running.  crossing fingers... 

You do know that d3d9.dll dnt work anymore right its d3d11.dll and its in the main folder not the bin64 since awhile back right?

• Confused 1

I suddenly see the exact same problem:

Taken from the log:

Assertion: bgfxUniformsCount == shader.constantsCount + shader.samplersCount
File: D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\Bgfx\BgfxShader.cpp(191)

The game ran pretty well earlier today. But now it happens every 10 minutes or so. I was trying to do metas in Grothmar Valley.

• Reboot didn't help.
  • Graphics drivers are up-to-date.
  • I'm now removing arcdps and doing game- client repair.

52 minutes ago, Sharoz.9216 said:

I suddenly see the exact same problem:

Taken from the log:

File: D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\Bgfx\BgfxShader.cpp(191)

The game ran pretty well earlier today. But now it happens every 10 minutes or so. I was trying to do metas in Grothmar Valley.

• Reboot didn't help.
  • Graphics drivers are up-to-date.
  • I'm now removing arcdps and doing game- client repair.

It's a GW2 shader bug.  Try removing the gw2cache.

• Like 1

I've had 4 crashes trying to do XJJ strike mission. Once when entering, twice when engaging the boss, and another one when I went in solo after leaving the group (in order to test what the hell is going on) where I had no crashes at all after starting the fight twice, but crashed as soon as I went back to Arborstone. I also have random crashes when loading into Wizards Tower sometimes and other places randomly, been going on for a few weeks, but the XJJ crashes have been recent for me, I guess it might be a thing since last patch.

A few other people in my squad were crashing too.

I've deleted cache as suggested and will be updating GPU drivers and hope it works because this is really annoying.

Edit: This seemed to fix the issue for me (or maybe lucky?), did XJJ and some fractals afterwards fine.

Edited by Banim.8495

On 10/3/2023 at 10:18 AM, Sharoz.9216 said:

Thanks for the tip! I removed the cache folder in addition to the other steps above and had no crashes so far 🙂

I'll check over the days if I can re-enable arcdps.

So far it looks good. I had another non-related crash, but that was due to arcdps.

Apparently playing with the shadow-settings might also help: https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/16z8t0g/this_been_happening_a_lot_and_yes_i_did_repair/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sharoz.9216 said:

So far it looks good. I had another non-related crash, but that was due to arcdps.

Apparently playing with the shadow-settings might also help: https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/16z8t0g/this_been_happening_a_lot_and_yes_i_did_repair/

IDK if shadows has anything to do with this error.  It basically is a crash when it tries to activate a shader (a little mini-program that runs on the GPU) that for some reason doesn't conform to expectations - maybe doesn't have correct input data or that data is corrupted/bad and didn't validate - and the error isn't handled, or at least that's how it was explained to me.

See, for example, the graphics pipeline with shaders described here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shader

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

It does seem clearing the gw2cache does help for a short while. i went three days without a crash after i cleared the cache, until reset Tequatl tonight.

i can't say that i'm exactly happy that i'm not alone in experiencing this crash/error. Especially not relieved since i had concluded that the problem was my old janky gpu (i guess it still may be the case) and have ordered a significant upgrade.

i submitted a ticket a week ago. After getting a reply telling me to check out an article on how to decipher error codes, which i already found on my own, Support sent me another message with "We have received your message and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience" the next day, and have been silent since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tekajo.1584 said:

It does seem clearing the gw2cache does help for a short while. i went three days without a crash after i cleared the cache, until reset Tequatl tonight.

Are you getting the same crash message about shader uniform counts?  Do you do Tequatl often?  And what do you have your shader setting at?

This particular crash message I've also gotten, but only seen it three times within the last month.  I was attempting to do Tequatl, crashed to desktop right at the start of the fight when the camera zooms out as Teq flies in, got back into the same map amazingly, did lasers, and on the 2nd round when Teq flies in again and the camera zooms out, crashed again with the same error.  Couldn't get back in map that time.

Seems like there's some problem with a shader used on Teq at least.  When I did Teq again the next day, I actually turned my camera 180 degrees from when he flies in to hope for not crashing.  xD

23 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Are you getting the same crash message about shader uniform counts?  Do you do Tequatl often?  And what do you have your shader setting at?

This particular crash message I've also gotten, but only seen it three times within the last month.  I was attempting to do Tequatl, crashed to desktop right at the start of the fight when the camera zooms out as Teq flies in, got back into the same map amazingly, did lasers, and on the 2nd round when Teq flies in again and the camera zooms out, crashed again with the same error.  Couldn't get back in map that time.

Seems like there's some problem with a shader used on Teq at least.  When I did Teq again the next day, I actually turned my camera 180 degrees from when he flies in to hope for not crashing.  xD

i was keeping Shader settings on low (overall settings pretty much stayed on the low side since the gpu was kind of old 4gb vram). That crash wasn't happening only at Teq. Happened in Dragonstorm (twice in one fight). In Lion's Arch while waiting for someone. In Crystal Oasis while killing Forged with a friend for weekly. Not to mention the exact crash happens on the other machine on my network, an old HP Z420 which crashed before and after a fresh install. 

Support is adamant that my install is corrupt. Even though i've reinstalled twice, cleared cache, jiggled the handle and even hit the tailgate three times in the right hand corner....

i got a Radeon RX 7600 today...maybe THAT will fix the crashes. 😅

13 hours ago, tekajo.1584 said:

i was keeping Shader settings on low (overall settings pretty much stayed on the low side since the gpu was kind of old 4gb vram). That crash wasn't happening only at Teq. Happened in Dragonstorm (twice in one fight). In Lion's Arch while waiting for someone. In Crystal Oasis while killing Forged with a friend for weekly. Not to mention the exact crash happens on the other machine on my network, an old HP Z420 which crashed before and after a fresh install. 

Support is adamant that my install is corrupt. Even though i've reinstalled twice, cleared cache, jiggled the handle and even hit the tailgate three times in the right hand corner....

i got a Radeon RX 7600 today...maybe THAT will fix the crashes. 😅

I also usually have shaders low (because I play WvW often).  My GPU is a 1080 Ti.

Honestly I think there's something weird overall about shaders because sometimes medium shaders look fantastically better than high to me.

• Like 1

Been following this thread because I'm also having this crash message, and I very rarely crash before this major September update. I've done the things in this thread and have not noticed much improvement.

Just now, after finishing guild missions, we gather up at our usual spot in Divinity's Reach, and multiple people crashed at the same time, I want to say 5-6 crashes, including mine... and since I've been plagued with crashing lately, it became a habit to looked at my error and it was this same shader error I've been getting... BgfxShader.cpp(191). Out of those who had crashed from guild missions, I don't think most thought to look at the error, except for 1 guildie who confirmed her error mentioned shader as well....

Sorry, I don't have anything helpful to offer other than 2 additional data points.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Crashed again last night but did play for quite a while. All after fresh install of Gw2, including download of installer, and removing 'user'/appdata/roaming/guild wars 2/local.dat  and everything else in the folder.

*--> Error Logs <--*
owser.   <-- yes it looks like that
01:46:59Z The browser is being closed.
01:46:59Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:46:59Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:47:02Z NULL REWARD TRACK: D04C170D-246A-E111-809D-78E7D1936EF0
01:47:03Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='2672154418189441382'
01:47:08Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
01:47:08Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
01:47:14Z The user closed the browser.
01:47:14Z The browser is being closed.
01:47:14Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:47:14Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:48:47Z The user closed the browser.
01:48:47Z The browser is being closed.
01:48:47Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:48:47Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:49:02Z The user closed the browser.
01:49:02Z The browser is being closed.
01:49:02Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:49:02Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:49:04Z NULL REWARD TRACK: D04C170D-246A-E111-809D-78E7D1936EF0
01:49:04Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='2672154418189441382'
01:49:11Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
01:49:11Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
01:49:16Z The user closed the browser.
01:49:16Z The browser is being closed.
01:49:16Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:49:16Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:49:22Z NULL REWARD TRACK: D04C170D-246A-E111-809D-78E7D1936EF0
01:49:30Z Model '0x039279': Permutation 'w' not found, auto selecting permutation
01:49:47Z The user closed the browser.
01:49:47Z The browser is being closed.
01:49:47Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:49:47Z CEF is closing the browser.
Crashed at 01:49:53Z

Hard to do anything of substance anymore. 😕 

Edited by Luna Lite.7130
accidently submitted before done by hitting ctl + enter? idk.. it just submitted before I was done...lol

1 hour ago, Luna Lite.7130 said:

Crashed again last night but did play for quite a while. All after fresh install of Gw2, including download of installer, and removing 'user'/appdata/roaming/guild wars 2/local.dat  and everything else in the folder.

*--> Error Logs <--*
owser.   <-- yes it looks like that
01:46:59Z The browser is being closed.
01:46:59Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:46:59Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:47:03Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='2672154418189441382'
01:47:08Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
01:47:08Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
01:47:14Z The user closed the browser.
01:47:14Z The browser is being closed.
01:47:14Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:47:14Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:48:47Z The user closed the browser.
01:48:47Z The browser is being closed.
01:48:47Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:48:47Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:49:02Z The user closed the browser.
01:49:02Z The browser is being closed.
01:49:02Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:49:02Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:49:04Z Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='2672154418189441382'
01:49:11Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
01:49:11Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
01:49:16Z The user closed the browser.
01:49:16Z The browser is being closed.
01:49:16Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:49:16Z CEF is closing the browser.
01:49:30Z Model '0x039279': Permutation 'w' not found, auto selecting permutation
01:49:47Z The user closed the browser.
01:49:47Z The browser is being closed.
01:49:47Z We are requesting CEF close the browser when the user closed the browser.
01:49:47Z CEF is closing the browser.
Crashed at 01:49:53Z

Hard to do anything of substance anymore. 😕 

Just now had two crashes identical to yours in the span of 10 or so minutes. 1st time was flying through Echovalds to do the mini dungeon. CRASH. Then after doing mini dungeon ported to Lion's Arch...immediate CRASH.
What's truly disheartening is that i contacted support a few weeks ago after the crashes began happening with more frequency on TWO DIFFERENT machines  and all i basically got was " do a fresh install". Even though i was very clear in my support ticket that i had already did a fresh install. Already repaired client multiple times. Deleted temp folder, cache, shader cache...and *drum roll* fresh install of the game. Still crashed.

Just to rule out it wasnt my janky GPU i bought a brand new one. Still crash. 

Starting to feel like we're just SOL.

• Like 1

Did some other things: a reinstall of most current Microsoft Visual C++ from here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio-2015-2017-2019-and-2022 per a video suggestion, and I did need them (all but rearm which doesn't work with my processors). Also did accelerated hardware in Chrome browser. And deleted gw2cache.. meant to test it w/o cache clear but forgot. But so far so good, no crash today anyway. Which 'might' be helping I do not know now. But I saved the old gw2cache? 😛  

Clear gw2cache in 'user'/AppData/local/temp/gw2cache (folder). I have other gw2 things in the temp folder, not sure what effect they may have but didn't clear those. 

Thank you all for input. 

Edited by Luna Lite.7130

On 10/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, Stratagerm.2489 said:

There's a very similar crash being reported that seems to happen when shaders are set to low.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/139030-ascent-to-madness-keeps-crashing/

Thank you for the information. My Shaders are on low because it's the only way I can see Fishing Holes well enough! And may also effect other things such as portals from Green Guardian (Unstable Magic Spike), etc? I test this on the Fishing Hole in Arborstone. This is not good if it's the fix. I'm going to continue on low for now, and only change it as a last resort. 

So far Shaders at low is working. Nothing else I did worked. But I don't like shaders at low. Is it fixed yet? 

Edited by Luna Lite.7130