Question about the LFG tool

Rafnir.3724

You cannot teleport straight into the instance from anywhere in the world, but you don't have to be in the right map when the group is formed. If you go to the map where the entrance is after someone else has entered you'll get a prompt to join them as soon as you arrive.

For example if you're in Rata Sum and join a Fractals group where 1 or more person is already inside you won't get a prompt to join them, but if you go through the portal to Lion's Arch you'll get the prompt to join them as soon as you reach LA, even if they've been inside the whole time.

• Like 4

What I have wondered (I usually join from the main hubs): Does this work the same for stuff had has different access options? 😄
I mean ... strikes you can access from EotN but also at the map directly. And for dungeons there are the classic maps and the entrance and I think now they have also added options to directly visit them from LA.

I guess the game is offering to join for people in both maps then? (Might be consufing if a player was newly in an IBS map trying to join a strike from LFG when he sees the entrance in the IBS map and the instance opener joined from EotN and that player did not get a prompt to join in the IBS map. Storywise you go to Bjora Marches first though anyone gets the EotN auto unlocked.)