Updrafts now heavily reduce Griffon flight speed

Using Updrafts with the Griffon mount is now basically useless. It used to be a LOT of fun to use updrafts in order to gain more height by using them during the flight - now it is pointless to fly through them while on a griffon. if I wanted to slow down in an updraft, I could just dismount or switch to the Skyscale. Please revert these changes Anet.

• Like 7

• ArenaNet Staff
13 minutes ago, Thy Weeping Willow.6851 said:

thank you a lot with looking into it! ngl i was so scared it was intentional DX 

this is an example of what does happen: 

its both spiral diving (using strafe keys) and updrafts that dont function as they should:

This is not nearly as much fun as your flight masteries video, just sayin'. 😉 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We have a fix in for this and are working on getting it to you as soon as we can! 

thank you a lot ! did see it addressed in the bugfixes! also for the guildhall stuff! ❤️

just wanna quickly note that something seemed to have gone wrong in the patch just now tho, it seems it didnt come through yet ( also the deco placing problem) i think mayb the wrong patch did go live? hopefully its all fixable without too much stress ❤️ edit: pvp seems to function again

Edited by Thy Weeping Willow.6851
pvp part seems working now :D

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Update! Grab the game build just released a few minutes ago and this should be fixed!

Could your team also make better visual cues for in which direction Ley-Line are meant to go as the way light effect have a pumping movement are now it isn't easy to see in which direction one should expect a Ley-Line to carry your Griffon or Skyscale. May some arrows or a swarm of smaller birds that move in air with their pointy beak as indicators or something that is more clear and easier to see from some distance while you have some speed in air (Gliding, Griffon or Skyscale) would be helpful here.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

13 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Update! Grab the game build just released a few minutes ago and this should be fixed!

Thank you all so much for the quick fix! Its very much working now! 😄❤️ had to quickly make a little vid, feels good to have it back ❤️ 

Edited by Thy Weeping Willow.6851
  • Like 1