Newbie now LOVING the game !!!

Balance.4082

I bought the basic GW2 a few years ago, but got tired of just leveling and doing heart runs and worse the stories !!

BUT NOW.. I just came back a few weeks ago, players are super friendly and helpful (maybe I was not on at the right time) and I am having a blast !!

I am usually a solo player, but what made the game so FUN was Soto ... which is so interesting and fun to do.. ya there is fighting.. but also other things in the story !! so FUN !

Just needed to add I dont mind the fighting, but getting killed and having to come back 7 or 70 times to just move along the story to do it again.. Dev's have made Soto interesting and not just over and over killing

Especially glad no one can witness me learning how to fly my skyscale ... OMG and I thought jp were bad hahaha

I also got some great tips from other players.. 

Just wanted to thank GW2's developers and players for the great time I am having !!

Mmee 

Edited by Balance.4082
forgot somethi9ng
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find core incredibly boring, too. Core hearts are uninteresting and too brain dead easy. Leveling characters and doing world completion put me to sleep. It slowly gets better from Dry Top. Starting with HoT, it gets really fun. Events are better designed, more dynamic, and enemies actually have a slim chance of killing you.

If you’re having trouble, there are some guides with really good builds that can help. Instead of going full glass cannon, though, I recommend adding some defensive gears until you’re more comfortable with the game. Dolyak runes are cheap and should be enough to give you decent survivability without sacrificing too much offense. Level 78 exotic Berserker gears are cheap on the trading post and more than enough for anything casual. If superior sigils are too expensive, major sigils are good enough until you get more gold. In LWS3 maps (and some LWS4 maps), you can get ascended trinkets with little effort.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

Have you tried the other expansions?

They are far better than SOTO in my opinon. 

More content coming to SOTO though

We only have like 1/3 or 1/4th so far

HoT + PoF is the best expansions imo, and you get both of them bundled together.

EoD was decemt, but lacked that "big feature" that HoT and PoF came with.

I've actually started fishing a lot though, so I guess I got that big feature hehe, but most will not be as satisfied with fishing and jade bot compared to mounts and glider I think

I would look out for a sale on PoF and HoT while you play SOTO

Even not on sale $30 for both those expansions is very cheap imo

With PoF you also get the griffon

If you thought skyscale was hard to fly, then ... Prepare ^^

It's pretty easy to navigate at a basic level, but you can go pro with it

But show, don't tell

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1

The Icbrood Saga starts to give rather easy access to ascended gear. It has great events (one of them is a heavy metal concert). Drizzelwood Coast is one of the best metas in the game. Path of Fire bounties are fun to do, and the zones in this expansion have some amazing events. Season 1 is meh, but many chapters give a 20-slot bag as a reward.

Edited by Rhinala.1739
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1