Stealth is not OP, you are just bad

magickthief.6492

On 10/8/2023 at 6:17 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

Your post is rediculous, and has already been countered quite simply by the quated post below

Nah - also whats quated mean? Is that a fruit?

On 10/8/2023 at 6:17 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

If a thief does not want to be caught, he will not be caught

Sic Em says hello - Swap to ranger to deal with thief, or mez, or class match to thief, or WB, or scrapper, there's more then  enough theif counters in game lol. Run to mid for peels. Thief's can and will be caught. Play one to learn how to counter it. TBH - its easy lol. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Sic Em says hello - Swap to ranger to deal with thief, or mez, or class match to thief, or WB, or scrapper, there's more then  enough theif counters in game lol. Run to mid for peels. Thief's can and will be caught. Play one to learn how to counter it. TBH - its easy lol. 

He countered your post, just as hard as you countered my spelling 😜

Still plenty of thieves and mesmers despite as massive uptick in SBs and somehwat heralds, and again, mesmers and thieves are not hitting the forums complaining about being shut down by reveals, becuase they are not being shut down by reveals..

Ive played enough chrono, and enough SB, to know sicem is a weak counter at best. Most of that comes down to 1 simple fact, any given game has multiple specs with access to stealth, and all of those specs also have access to mitigation while revealed. Ok that might be 2 facts, or 3, I dunno, correct my logic like you did my spelling, please?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

He countered your post, just as hard as you countered my spelling 😜

Still plenty of thieves and mesmers despite as massive uptick in SBs and somehwat heralds, and again, mesmers and thieves are not hitting the forums complaining about being shut down by reveals, becuase they are not being shut down by reveals..

Ive played enough chrono, and enough SB, to know sicem is a weak counter at best. Most of that comes down to 1 simple fact, any given game has multiple specs with access to stealth, and all of those specs also have access to mitigation while revealed. Ok that might be 2 facts, or 3, I dunno, correct my logic like you did my spelling, please?

What is plenty of thieves and mesmers? Like, just the right amount, because "objective: zero" will never happen before they shut the game down. The lack of complaints in the pvp forums, tell me, subjectively, that many players are either not noticing their impact....or have learned to deal with them. Normally, there is no shortage of whining for either of those classes. Seems quiet, and if "there are still plenty", then perhaps they are in a spot that could be called balanced as they ever will be for their determined role, which doesn't seem to be displacing anyone.

This thread is not a complaint about thieves, and I think your statement shows just what the title says.....

Stealth is not OP..

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, magickthief.6492 said:

What is plenty of thieves and mesmers? Like, just the right amount, because "objective: zero" will never happen before they shut the game down. The lack of complaints in the pvp forums, tell me, subjectively, that many players are either not noticing their impact....or have learned to deal with them. Normally, there is no shortage of whining for either of those classes. Seems quiet, and if "there are still plenty", then perhaps they are in a spot that could be called balanced as they ever will be for their determined role, which doesn't seem to be displacing anyone.

This thread is not a complaint about thieves, and I think your statement shows just what the title says.....

Stealth is not OP..

There are a number of specs that are rarely seen becuase they are simply outclassed. Thief would be outclassed, if not for the 3 point system which perfectly cators to its mobility/stealth. If sPVP was a 1 point system, thieves would drop off the radar in sPVP, just like renegade.. as it then brings nothing to the table. What does thief bring to the table? get out of jail, after get out of jail, after get out of jail card.. which allows constant decap or +1 pressure = low risk high reward game play. But hey, keep advocating for stealth to remain as is, so you can continue your pve like decap game play.. newb slaying, or +1. Some say more thief sustain and less broken mobility might make the class more than an annoying af gimmick.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

There are a number of specs that are rarely seen becuase they are simply outclassed. Thief would be outclassed, if not for the 3 point system which perfectly cators to its mobility/stealth. If sPVP was a 1 point system, thieves would drop off the radar in sPVP, just like renegade.. as it then brings nothing to the table. What does thief bring to the table? get out of jail, after get out of jail, after get out of jail card.. which allows constant decap or +1 pressure = low risk high reward game play. But hey, keep advocating for stealth to remain as is, so you can continue your pve like decap game play.. newb slaying, or +1. Some say more thief sustain and less broken mobility might make the class more than an annoying af gimmick.

The gamemode is pretty well designed if it allows so many options in gameplay. Everything is a gimmick. Personally, I found the immortal fire dancers to be annoying af, but, it's options.

• Confused 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:51 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

gw2 has reveal to, and revealed skins on some classes that shut thiefs stealth down.

The most generic stealth argument thief players have that even they themselves dont believe because they are just using it to scapegoat out of how busted stealth is LOL.

On 10/1/2023 at 3:51 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

U all are a combination of 1. Bad player, 2. Whiny player. 3. u simply dislike the class and want it removed for ur own selfish...kinda narcissistic reasons. Worlds don't revolve around u guys...hate to breaker to ya's lol.

Mhm... And you are worse. You are a class elitist sitting on a skilless class that just feeds your... what was the words you used I forgot... oh yeah "narcissistic and selfish" reasons. Great job bro LOL.

Yikes...

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Like 3

Just now, MalekithDG.6124 said:

The most generic stealth defense thief players have that even they themselves dont believe because they are just using it to scapegoat out of how busted stealth is LOL.

Mhm... And you are worse. You are a class elitist sitting on a skilless class that just feeds your... what was the words you used I forgot... oh yeah "narcissistic and selfish" reasons. Great job bro LOL.

Ur last paragraph makes zero sense, I play teef, war, guard, ranger all around same time total and some scrapper so....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Ur last paragraph makes zero sense, I play teef, war, guard, ranger all around same time total and some scrapper so....

Its okay man. Your last paragraph didnt made any sense as well as with most generalizations used in human history. I didnt need my last paragraph to make any sense, first paragraph was enough.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Its okay man. Your last paragraph didnt made any sense as well as with most generalizations used in human history. I didnt need my last paragraph to make any sense, first paragraph was enough.

Are u guys so delusional that ur hatred for thief has made u daft hahaha yeah its really confusing statement to say u play multiple classes and don't just main one...the one u claim I main, if ur confused by that u seriously have way larger problems that just being gbage at this games pvp, hate to break it to u kid. Man u sound like a immature brat that probably got swatted a lot as a kid, though judging by ur posts u prob are still just a kid, a whiny kid haha.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Are u guys so delusional that ur hatred for thief has made u daft hahaha yeah its really confusing statement to say u play multiple classes and don't just main one...the one u claim I main, if ur confused by that u seriously have way larger problems that just being gbage at this games pvp, hate to break it to u kid. Man u sound like a immature brat that probably got swatted a lot as a kid, though judging by ur posts u prob are still just a kid, a whiny kid haha.

Man you really need to get your blood pressure checked out. Not my fault if you fade out just for the record...

Also I dont know what you are talking about, quite literally. I think you are painting me as a kid or something. Idk...

8 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

You know full well Sic'em doesnt deal with any thiefs. Is it 6 seconds of reveal? Or was it 10 I dont really remember. Its a pretty useless skill to use unless you are a soulbeast. So far you guys are pretty succesful in making people think that stealth is the problem and not the mobility, so I congratulate you guys on that. People dont realize that it is the mobility creep thats COUPLED with stealth making it busted.

As soon as I reveal, any thief with 2 hands and average iq will disengage so easily for 6-10 seconds, time flies by. And so easily they can come back as a threat. Not to mention their access to stealth is via pistol 5 which also blinds :). Making it really one sided.

There are 2 outcomes to thief encounters: 

1) You die

2) You cant die but you wont kill

I do not care how many seconds you guys get to stealth for. I just want pistol 5 to be deleted. Put smoke field into Short Bow 2 which it makes most sense since its an explosion... They can make SB 5 a leap for combo. Or you know... SB 2 into dagger 2 would also work as a one time stealth.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

You know full well Sic'em doesnt deal with any thiefs. Is it 6 seconds of reveal? Or was it 10 I dont really remember. Its a pretty useless skill to use unless you are a soulbeast. So far you guys are pretty succesful in making people think that stealth is the problem and not the mobility, so I congratulate you guys on that. People dont realize that it is the mobility creep thats COUPLED with stealth making it busted.

As soon as I reveal, any thief with 2 hands and average iq will disengage so easily for 6-10 seconds, time flies by. And so easily they can come back as a threat. Not to mention their access to stealth is via pistol 5 which also blinds :). Making it really one sided.

1) You die

I do not care how many seconds you guys get to stealth for. I just want pistol 5 to be deleted. Put smoke field into Short Bow 2 which it makes most sense since its an explosion... They can make SB 5 a leap for combo. Or you know... SB 2 into dagger 2 would also work as a one time stealth.

Cause the only defense a "any ranger" has is sicem...lol. Also, take 30 secs to read how skills work, GW wiki...

Edited by magickthief.6492
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Cause the only defense a "any ranger" has is sicem...lol. Also, take 30 secs to read how skills work, GW wiki...

Woah you need to chill out a bit man. You almost got me. My bad I didnt google a skill to give pinpoint description when I knew there werent any differences between 6 second and 10 second reveal or even 15 second reveal since the thief has enough tools to keep you busy for a minute straight which cycles back to its stealth and then it cycles back to chase/attack sequence yada yada... which brings us to:

38 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

1) You die

5 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Cause the only defense a "any ranger" has is sicem...lol.

Yeah ranger is a class full of defensive options. I dont even know why are we talking about defense now? Are you gaslighting me? Dude there arent any reasonable ways to attack a thief amongst all those blind debuffs. As soon as you become a threat they go back to: 

thief has enough tools to keep you busy for a minute straight which cycles back to its stealth and then it cycles back to chase/attack sequence

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Woah you need to chill out a bit man. You almost got me. My bad I didnt google a skill to give pinpoint description when I knew there werent any differences between 6 second and 10 second reveal or even 15 second reveal since the thief has enough tools to keep you busy for a minute straight which cycles back to its stealth and then it cycles back to chase/attack sequence yada yada... which brings us to:

Yeah ranger is a class full of defensive options. I dont even know why are we talking about defense now? Are you gaslighting me? Dude there arent any reasonable ways to attack a thief amongst all those blind debuffs. As soon as you become a threat they go back to: 

Who quotes themselves as an appeal to authority? Literally grave-du...Doug Butabi

3 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Its all about efficiency man and ease of read. You should thank me for I think of your eyes when you clearly working against mine.

It terrible writing. If you are quoting anyone, then cite them. I don't care about your opinions, and quoting them as authority is a very weak position. 

7 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

It terrible writing. If you are quoting anyone, then cite them. I don't care about your opinions, and quoting them as authority is a very weak position. 

Ah you slippery thing yet again you change the topic. It must be in the character...

Also... I would like to think you really didnt get annoyed by me quoting myself instead of writing the same things I wrote to make a point.

So far the only weak position is you nitpicking my writing when my point stands. If you dont care about my opinions or any others, which clearly shows dont worry, then maybe forums are not for you. I will get your class deleted. It may take a year or two but even if it takes me to get employed by anet and climbing the corporate ladder you will lose that stealth and mobility.

Just to return to topic: DELETE PISTOL 5

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Ah you slippery thing yet again you change the topic. It must be in the character...

Also... I would like to think you really didnt get annoyed by me quoting myself instead of writing the same things I wrote to make a point.

So far the only weak position is you nitpicking my writing when my point stands. If you dont care about my opinions or any others, which clearly shows dont worry, then maybe forums are not for you. I will get your class deleted. It may take a year or two but even if it takes me to get employed by anet and climbing the corporate ladder you will lose that stealth and mobility.

Just to return to topic: DELETE PISTOL 5

Copy paste, its not hard. I will root for you in your "climb" up a ladder controlled by a Korean company.  In the words of Marko, "Good Luck".

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 2:37 AM, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

its not stealth , its the amount of stealth.  I was fighting a player for 10 minutes in wvw before i finaly managed to kill him.  This is how the fight went.,

he tried to gank me, he stealthed and ran away.

he tried to gank me, i popped some condy on him and got a hit in, he stealthed and ran away.

he tried to gank me, i popped some condy on him and got a hit in, he stealthed and ran away.

he tried to gank me, i popped some condy on him and got a hit in, he stealthed and ran away, he healed

for 10 minutes..

This is the problem, its poor gameplay,

@Flowki.7194 Is this the post you think countered me lmao?

Take a read at this thread 

A new player experience, taking his/her concern to Thief Profession forum, in hoping to make sense of things. Then a Thief Profession players, spoke Hard Truth, "Many people hate Stealth in this game, especially on Thief, and voiced their opinion on the forums. But Arenanet did not respond to their wishes"

Isn't this Tragic? 

Can you imagine 'new blood' potential players after being spoken Hard Truth then to leave the game, to tell their friends, family including The Gaming Industry of their experience?

"A Bad Tree Can Not Bear Good Fruits"

As long this continues, Guild Wars 2 Immanent Future Will Remain Dead!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Take a read at this thread 

A new player experience, taking his/her concern to Thief Profession forum, in hoping to make sense of things. Then a Thief Profession players, spoke Hard Truth, "Many people hate Stealth in this game, especially on Thief, and voiced their opinion on the forums. But Arenanet did not respond to their wishes"

Isn't this Tragic? 

Can you imagine 'new blood' potential players after being spoken Hard Truth then to leave the game, to tell their friends, family including The Gaming Industry of their experience?

"A Bad Tree Can Not Bear Good Fruits"

As long this continues, Guild Wars 2 Immanent Future Will Remain Dead!!

Yeah the player clearly isn't brand new to the game....or at least mode and has 0 clue what's going on, he could be making posts soon about half the other classes not taking any damage, or that they seem to have infinite blocks etc. Now I'm seeing legitimate counters being named, counters I've used countless times to literally 100-0 thiefs in secs being called useless etc - sic em, owp, knock back, rapid fire will delete a thief if caught off guard or without cds. There many counters that actual GOOD players use to delete thieves and shut them down, u guys are not good, part of the reason may be because u expect to counter the mechanic no matter what build u run, nor are u willing to learn to counter it obviously, easier to just stay bad and complain.

Also love the statement that there is 2 types of thief encounters, 1-u die or 2- u don't but don't get kill, funny statement because I've killed many thieves in both conquest and wvw.. many.

Lastly as a thief u have 2 types of encounter.

1- u know they player is new or bad so u burst than stick around regardless how ur burst went to finish.

2- u burst a good player and regardless whether u landed it or not unless u can finish them quick u run to reset as dueling any good player on most other classes will swat u dead ie rogue archetype.