Condi Berserker in PVP.

WingSwipe.3084

24 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Why is condi Berserker doing so well in PVP?

Playing against them it feels pretty absurd seeing as they might be the best 1v1 profession/spec besides Bladesworn.

Is it the healing, the immunity to strike damage, the heavy application of condis or a mix of all of it?

Mix. They can run with higher toughness to dampen the strike damage between the strike damage immunity periods, can juggle several sources of strike damage immunity, and as they put on stacks of condi BR and LBR will heal them along with Adrenal Health ticks. 

They're still susceptible to heavy CC and heavy condi pressure though. TBF, I think that it is operating as CMC and Roy intended to happen when they rolled out those changes to Berserker and Defense, so I don't see nerfs happening, especially since there is an obvious counter in CC+Condi pressure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mix. They can run with higher toughness to dampen the strike damage between the strike damage immunity periods, can juggle several sources of strike damage immunity, and as they put on stacks of condi BR and LBR will heal them along with Adrenal Health ticks. 

They're still susceptible to heavy CC and heavy condi pressure though. TBF, I think that it is operating as CMC and Roy intended to happen when they rolled out those changes to Berserker and Defense, so I don't see nerfs happening, especially since there is an obvious counter in CC+Condi pressure.

It feels like it generates a lot of stability though. Even when im running a full CC build its quite rought to fight. I know the stacks generated from Eternal champion roll into this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

It feels like it generates a lot of stability though. Even when im running a full CC build its quite rought to fight. I know the stacks generated from Eternal champion roll into this.

Yeah. There is that, but Stability can be a double edged sword. A thief with the correct trait could give 2 💩's about that stability and a necro will use it to initiate a fear chain. But Eternal Champion is only when entering Berserk or leaving it. The other source of stab would be on Stalwart Strength, but if they are running that then their strike damage immunity is lessened and they are susceptible to more condi pressure.

4 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

mix

this.

• Because longbow burst doesn't need a target, adrenal health is guaranteed.
  • Because skull grinder syncs with akeem, and they all run  mini blood reckoning/Dead or alive, pressing any button after being hit by skullgrinder heals them for chunks on top of the adrenal health. 10 stacks of confusion can hit you for 2k. 33% of that is 660, on top of Adrenal, without touching their heal.
  • They all run rabid so they don't take a lot of power damage.
  • They all run cleansing Ire, so every time they drop longbow burst it cleanses 3 of their condis. If they run mending they cleanse 5 more. 
  • Their offhand set has two blocks on it (which can count as reflects if they take shield master.)
  • They're slow, but you have to interact with them to move them off a point, and interacting with them lets them heal. 

They can't handle 2v1s but that is not a suitable metric for countering any build IMO. It's just another (in my opinion) lame turtle build that takes advantage of stacking as many defenses as possible so you become effectively immortal, then relying on the game's design to force people to interact with you. Frankly, I wish we didn't keep getting handed bunker builds, then getting the glass builds nerfed to make room for the bunker builds, then getting the glass builds nerfed again when they finally tone down the bunker builds. It's very irritating. I just want to hit people but Anet keeps finding ways to make that as convoluted as possible for warrior. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

5 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

this.

• Because longbow burst doesn't need a target, adrenal health is guaranteed.
  • Because skull grinder syncs with akeem, and they all run  mini blood reckoning/Dead or alive, pressing any button after being hit by skullgrinder heals them for chunks on top of the adrenal health. 10 stacks of confusion can hit you for 2k. 33% of that is 660, on top of Adrenal, without touching their heal.
  • They all run rabid so they don't take a lot of power damage.
  • They all run cleansing Ire, so every time they drop longbow burst it cleanses 3 of their condis. If they run mending they cleanse 5 more. 
  • Their offhand set has two blocks on it (which can count as reflects if they take shield master.)
  • They're slow, but you have to interact with them to move them off a point, and interacting with them lets them heal. 

They can't handle 2v1s but that is not a suitable metric for countering any build IMO. It's just another (in my opinion) lame turtle build that takes advantage of stacking as many defenses as possible so you become effectively immortal, then relying on the game's design to force people to interact with you. Frankly, I wish we didn't keep getting handed bunker builds, then getting the glass builds nerfed to make room for the bunker builds, then getting the glass builds nerfed again when they finally tone down the bunker builds. It's very irritating. I just want to hit people but Anet keeps finding ways to make that as convoluted as possible for warrior. 

Its turning into a fundamental design flaw with Conquest at this point, well Conquest has showcased this for years now lets be honest, literally just encouraging these types of builds which then results in other builds (which are not the problem) being nerfed to reign in the nonsense they have injected into the game.

Conquest is a 10 year old mode that has seen little to no iteration on its mechanics despite the ever evolving state of professions and the state of gameplay over the last decade. Its outdated and needs iteration...but they are highly unlikely to do that so sPvP will continue to be a clown fiesta because everything is balanced around Conquest.