Legendary Items Drop from Harvesting and Fishing

14 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Anet are obviously not going to give out complete legendary items as random drops, so that's not really worth discussing. But they do give precursors as random drops, so that's the realistic outcome of the OP's request (which apparently is already in the game).

And it should be obvious why anyone wants a precursor because you cannot get a legendary item without first getting the precursor.

Just because Anet has never done A before doesn't mean A cannot be suggested. 

• Confused 3

On 10/6/2023 at 11:40 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

@OP, You might want to lower your expectations to Ascended gear, considering that Legendary gear has always been created, never a fully formed drop. At most you could hope for a weapon precursor.

I know what you mean, it is a suggestion. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'd even disagree with that, considering how cheap they already are. There's simply no need or reason to do it.

Well it was meant more as snark than anything 😉 but you're right, they're Gen1 so not really priced out of reach anyway.

Honestly though I do kind of like the idea of those three aquatic precursors (and only the aquatics) having a slightly higher RNG chance when found under or on the water. Maybe a 5% bonus, nothing out of line with what would be on maybe a green-tier consumable. (edit to add: Or maybe it could be added to some exotic or ascended consumable as a "hidden" bonus or something which might be programmatically easier than directly tinkering with character/map percentages.)

It's not as if it would break the economy or meta or in fact anything, given that underwater content is definitely neglected, if not yet abandoned entirely. It's not going to happen for the simple reason that it doesn't make ANet any money 🤑, but it's an entertaining thought experiment anyway.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895