Why is WvW anonymous, and you can't whisper the enemy unless you are friends, but PVP is not?

magickthief.6492

How would that even work lol

Like, when you pull up the team screen you just wanna see fake names like Scrub 1 - Scrub 5 and then how do you stop someone from adding them from there anyway to see acct name?

WvW is anon because there really isn't a reason to be knowing who the enemy is--but I could live with being able to directly talk to them like in sPvP, the block function is still available if someone needs it.  

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

How would that even work lol

Like, when you pull up the team screen you just wanna see fake names like Scrub 1 - Scrub 5 and then how do you stop someone from adding them from there anyway to see acct name?

WvW is anon because there really isn't a reason to be knowing who the enemy is--but I could live with being able to directly talk to them like in sPvP, the block function is still available if someone needs it.  

tell me you dont play wvw, without telling me you dont play wvw

On 10/6/2023 at 11:59 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What are you talking about?

You don't have to be friends to whisper people in WvW FYI

Oh yeah? So, there is no work around like blocking them anymore, to get their info?

Odd

I always felt that should have been fixed, what was the point. This mode is the way to test all their kitten.

Edited by magickthief.6492
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 6:48 AM, magickthief.6492 said:

Oh yeah? So, there is no work around like blocking them anymore, to get their info?

Odd

I always felt that should have been fixed, what was the point. This mode is the way to test all their kitten.

you can literally just invite people to your group and then talk to them thru partychat. ^_^