Need A New Server + Rant

Not Trying.4901

No longer linked with maguuma, got forced into my server Borliss Pass.

No fun since the swap, nobodies on when I'm on, the people that happen to be on in my team just up and dies in the blink of an eye even IF I'm sitting there healing them, ton of BR players that flood team chat with non-english. Even watched someone die 3v1 to a siege golem, I can't emphasize how bad my play time teammates are.

Literally fighting maguuma and blackgate, the wvw titans, so any siege that isn't secret is a wipe, especially with the aforementioned text above.

Xv1 is always a fun challenge from time to time, but for multiple hours on end, I'd prefer not having to tryhard, especially since the majority of roamers I run into are running meta (harbinger / dare devil / root druid etc) so the fights end up having to be full effort.

Typically active 11pm-6am EST, with 2Pm-6am on my off days.

I'm not a hive minded meta copier, so likely any serious wvw guild is out the question, cause I'm not about to conform.

Almost tempted to join the least populated server just to have a peace of mind, I just would like to actually have some big fights from time to time, so I don't think that's a choice either.

Is there a list of servers somewhere that goes into details on their general active times + quirks? I.E everyone knows maguuma is the toxic smc-or-nothing pip farming champs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Not Trying.4901 said:

No fun since the swap, nobodies on when I'm on, the people that happen to be on in my team just up and dies in the blink of an eye

Ah, you're linked with  FC. Sorry about that. I hear that server's been through tough times lately. One of their bigger guilds broke up and another large 1 push guild transferred over taking up map space didn't help matters.

though there has always been a tendency to ppt empty maps to t1 and then getting farmed there; getting linked with them can be rough!

Normally I would not suggest my home server of SBI ever, but we do have significant activity during 2-6 am EST, but there is not much for the early half of your schedule as all the umm .... less skilled....  players are on.  This server is perma t4 though.

I am going to say running into a crap link is inevitable though, so transferring will probably not solve much unless you pick a perma t1 server somehow.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Not Trying.4901 said:

I.E everyone knows maguuma is the toxic smc-or-nothing pip farming champs.

Dont be mad that they know what stun breaks and CCs are. I suggest you pull them and CC lock them down. Take the time to learn how to adjust your play style and stop being baited byone person who is running away back to his buddies.

Edited by Twilightzone.7452
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Dont be mad that they know what stun breaks and CCs are. I suggest you pull them and CC lock them down. Take the time to learn how to adjust your play style and stop being baited byone person who is running away back to his buddies.

Just said I was on maguuma, they aren't the problem to the post btw. Would be the first 2 lines.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Ah, you're linked with  FC. Sorry about that. I hear that server's been through tough times lately. One of their bigger guilds broke up and another large 1 push guild transferred over taking up map space didn't help matters.

though there has always been a tendency to ppt empty maps to t1 and then getting farmed there; getting linked with them can be rough!

Normally I would not suggest my home server of SBI ever, but we do have significant activity during 2-6 am EST, but there is not much for the early half of your schedule as all the umm .... less skilled....  players are on.  This server is perma t4 though.

I am going to say running into a crap link is inevitable though, so transferring will probably not solve much unless you pick a perma t1 server somehow.

I pray it's just a link issue, because I haven't had a matchup this bad in all of my time playing.

Just now, Twilightzone.7452 said:

So this thread summed up with someone not know what server it was on and now made that re-link happen that happens every 2-3 months that been going on for a year? @ArchonWing.9480 are you playing with Chat GPT again and not telling us?

I've been put up against servers that completely wrecked us during when I played, like sea of sorrows. But it was more of a outnumbered thing then a complete lack of allied competence. Feel like anet is trolling me people not even know how to los camp guards, like COME ON.

6 minutes ago, Not Trying.4901 said:

I've been put up against servers that completely wrecked us during when I played, like sea of sorrows. But it was more of a outnumbered thing then a complete lack of allied competence. Feel like anet is trolling me people not even know how to los camp guards, like COME ON.

Expect you did not. Your server got re-link to FC that was in T2 last week. BP + FC PPT to T1, thats on you and server mates, not anet. Mag RNG to T1 and havent left. if you dont want to fight them, then convince the server not to PPT (GL, FC are PPT bots). So all you can do is learn to adapt to counter mag playstyle (not hard) and enjoy T1 for two months.

BTW since no one answered the second part of your "question": https://wvwstats.com/timezones

Edited by Twilightzone.7452
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Not Trying.4901 said:

I pray it's just a link issue, because I haven't had a matchup this bad in all of my time playing.

It definitely is a link issue. And being t1's 3rd wheel has historically been bad for a server's health, especially if 2nd place decides to backcap them aggressively, or tanks to stick them in t1.

Unfortunately, this can happen regardless of where you transfer to, if you're unlucky enough to run into a bandwagon on your server, or your link's. If you want to stick with players you know and trust, the only option is to find a guild. Yes, I know you don't want to join a tryhard one, and most wouldn't. It may be best to find a more casual WvW or pvx guild that won't have too many requirements.

6 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

So this thread summed up with someone not know what server it was on and now made that re-link happen that happens every 2-3 months that been going on for a year? @ArchonWing.9480 are you playing with Chat GPT again and not telling us?

No, only using ChatGPT in the other thread. As for what ChatGPT thinks:

Lack of Clarity on Current Server: The sentence mentions that the user got "forced into my server Borlis Pass." While it's clear that Borlis Pass is mentioned as "my server," it's not explicitly stated whether the user is currently on Borlis Pass at the time of writing the post. The phrase "got forced into" could be interpreted as an ongoing situation or a past event.

But whatever.

1 minute ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Expect you did not. Your server got re-link to FC that was in T2 last week. FP + FC PPT to T1, thats on you and server mates, not anet. Mag RNG to T1 and havent left. if you dont want to fight them, then convince the server not to PPT (GL, FC are PPT bots). So all you can do is learn to adapt to counter mag playstyle (not hard) and enjoy T1 for two months.

BTW since no one answered the second part of your "question": https://wvwstats.com/timezones

I did not what? I have fought sea of sorrows before, and it was kitten as I was on maguuma. Like I said it's not even about the enemies really, more the allies, as they've yet to even take our ebg keep.