AFK Bot Farming, cannot imagine the gold to gem market LOL

Quirin.1076

I have plenty of spot that I run across farmers in this game, but it is reaching a level of crazy.  I cannot imagine what Sandswept server numbers are showing.  There has to be 30 to 40 people in this farm and they are all linked in skills.  So this is not bot farming?  Sorry for the 12 seconds of black, but I suspect my levels of using OBS consider it lower than the average user.

Well I guess none of these players are converting their farmed Gold into Gems, but wow.  lol this is nuts.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi, this is technically not bot farming as they are using in game functions to do what you are seeing there. If they were using 3rd party software, then it would be botting. What it may be is AFK farming, but the definition on whether they are truly 'AFK' is pretty loose. So long as they are at the keyboard and are able to respond to a GM whisper or reposition themselves after a GM forcibly moves them then they are not considered AFK. Some of these people are in fact there, just watching Netflix on another screen, doing other things on their computer, watching TV on the other side of the room, or even reading a book. Which is inattentive gaming at best which is not against the TOS, and at worst actual AFK farming which is against the TOS. Some of the people you see there truly are AFK and GMs do go to said spots to test the characters there to see if they are AFK and ban them accordingly. There are just lots of spots like this.

As to why someone would do this, it gives a somewhat passive way to generate karma, gold, and spirit shards while doing something else. Some of these may be alts in another window while someone is actively playing their main account in another which would be multiboxing, and is allowed under specific rules. Again, so long as the account that is farming is able to respond to a GM, or reposition after a GM action, then they wouldn't be considered AFK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have come to my own conclusion that Anet turns a blind eye to this by not actively monitoring the various areas that are being exploited. There are ways for Anet to do this. So as kharmin said-report and move on. I wonder if all these reports just go to the trash bin anyway.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2