Game wont load

Everything was fine yesterday, and now my client is doing the exact same thing. I have cleared the game's cache. I have launched as admin. I have even run Repair on the client, but that yields the same result. Doesn't even begin the repair.

EDIT: I have also fully restarted my computer.

Edited by Streamstrider.2079

13 minutes ago, Torinor.9521 said:

Same issue. Curious: how do you get this log?

To answer your question you simply append -log to the GW2 shortcut (right click>Properties) so that it reads something like this "C:\Programs\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -log under Target

The created log file will be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

Gw2.log

Edited by Vain.3805
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DivineYami.3081 said:

Yeah, same here. I had no trouble with the update that was posted a while ago and could get into the character screen but once i choose one and a map is loading the whole game just crashes.

If you're running ArcDPS, remove it. Whatever the patch did broke Arc pretty hard. My errorlog pointed right at it. Once I deleted it, the game loaded normally again. Guess I'll reinstall it after the event's over, don't really need it for Steve & Co. anyway.

i am having this same issue. After the update on 10/24  the log in screen is blank with an error saying, download failed and to check my internet connection but all other apps are running fine.  I guess there is no fix on my end? I've tried reinstalling, checked everything I could.

• Haha 1

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time.  This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network.  For additional support, please vistit http://support.guildwars2.com. 

Build 153397

Error code:  42: 0:90001:4457.   

It does not matter if I put in password or not it just get stuck in screen.   I really hope Arenanet fixes this issue soon. It is so anoying 😞

• Sad 1

I have the same issue and quite franckly it is spoiling my game experience 😞

I tried everything mentioned above, a traceroute diag, check all that can influence my internet but nothing to do ! I'm still having trouble getting into the game, and when i do i find myself trapped in an infinite loading screen :s

I'm pretty sure at this moment that the problem is not in my pc, my router nor my isp. I really hope they'll fix this asap.

• Sad 1