Charr Warrior Tanker

Kalrasha Cryton.3518

Unless you want to use the undertuned-on-purpose racial utilities, races only affect what your character looks like, as well as the initial story chapters.

That said, some people have more issues with Charr and Norn when in comes to Jumping Puzzles and other jumping-related content than with the other races.

Also, Charr and Norn tend to block the camera in narrower spaces more than the other races.

Edited by Fueki.4753

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Unless you want to use the undertuned-on-purpose racial utilities, races only affect what your character looks like, as well as the initial story chapters.

That said, some people have more issues with Charr and Norn when in comes to Jumping Puzzles and other jumping-related content than with the other races.

Also, Charr and Norn tend to block the camera in narrower spaces more than the other races.

My Charr actually isn't so bad since I changed his appearance from the biggest fattest mofo to the shorted medium built Charr for this exact reason.

Otherwise yes race is mostly an aesthetic and lore based choice.

There is maybe an argument in PvP/WvW that Asura has an advantage being smaller, only because they are literally harder to see. Hit boxes, jump distance, move speed etc. are all identical across all races. That being said Charr and Norn especially can feel slower because of this, just due to their size.

1 minute ago, Kalrasha Cryton.3518 said:

I made her I just wish they allowed them to run as well like the npc's do on two legs instead of making you run on all fours

There is a way to do it but you got to do a side ways strafe  by holding w with a or d . Although I don't believe that you really want to do that in combat per say.

13 hours ago, Kalrasha Cryton.3518 said:

I'm thinking of making a Charr Warrier Berserker build does species matter?

only for animations. It's easier to read charr because their animations are really obvious

2 hours ago, Kalrasha Cryton.3518 said:

I made her I just wish they allowed them to run as well like the npc's do on two legs instead of making you run on all fours

Charr warriors rise up ❤️ 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

4 hours ago, Kalrasha Cryton.3518 said:

Whenever you have a weapon drawn, you will run on two legs. The running animation that NPCs do is due to them being slightly slower than players.

Some ppl complain about charr movement making them dizzy. But it is rare case.

Using smaller model in general makes it easier to jump puzzles, or deal with tight spaces.

You can look on warrior armours skins on wiki to look for the best looking.

When leveling there could be a couple of levels when you can use racial utility skill since your mastery points are spent on specialization, but that is just a couple of levels and you can run full signets anyway.