Getting Twilight

Jinjer.4039

Hello guild wars 2, its been a long long time since i haven't played the game nearly 4 years now and coming back i see a lot has changed, i hope its for the good :D.anyways something that i always wanted was the Twilight legendary weapon it looks amazing and coming back to the game my only goal is to craft it! however i'm lost everything changed i don't have the new expansions but figure they are not required since twilight is part of the base game ? any tips on farming/ getting the precursor ? will the expansions help me with farming and getting what is required faster ?thanks for helping me out

@endurio.7065 said:I think you will need HOT or POF to at least unlock legendary crafting masteries.

There are lots of things to do and collect, good place to start is:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight_I:_The_Experimental_Nightsword

oh wow, didn't know they added that. feels like cheating but looks cheaper than dumping thousand of swords hoping to drop a precursor .thanks for the tip

@Jinjer.4039 said:

@endurio.7065 said:I think you will need HOT or POF to at least unlock legendary crafting masteries.

There are lots of things to do and collect, good place to start is:

oh wow, didn't know they added that. feels like cheating but looks cheaper than dumping thousand of swords hoping to drop a precursor .thanks for the tip

That link is just the first tier, there are three tiers before you get the finished precursor. The first tier is cheap, and the expense in mostly in the second tier, which requires a lot of crafting materials, and for some precursors can making crafting more expensive than buying from the trading post. Instead of dumping a load of swords in the mystic forge, you’ll be giving lots of swords and hilts and blades to the weaponcrafting NPC. It’s worth checking the relative costs before you commit time, effort, and materials to crafting. I think you can check the full cost of crafting in the GW2efficiency website.

There are lots of things to do and collect, good place to start is:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight_I:_The_Experimental_Nightsword

i think You only need the crafting mastery for gen 2 legendarys not gen 1 like twilightedit: nvm. i was wrong. they changed it

@Linken.6345 said:Well if s/he want to craft it they need it for gen 1 weapons aswell, if he like to gamble in the forge s/he can do it without expansion

no,First generation legendary weapons require a precursor weapon, a legendary weapon gift determined by the weapon being crafted, plus a Gift of Fortune and a Gift of Mastery.Second generation legendary weapons are crafted in the Mystic Forge by combining a precursor weapon, a gift tied to the particular legendary, plus the Gift of Maguuma Mastery (req heart of thorns) and the Mystic Tribute. (req heart of thorns)

edit: nvm. i was wrong

@Robban.1256 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well if s/he want to craft it they need it for gen 1 weapons aswell, if he like to gamble in the forge s/he can do it without expansion

no,First generation legendary weapons require a precursor weapon, a legendary weapon gift determined by the weapon being crafted, plus a Gift of Fortune and a Gift of Mastery.Second generation legendary weapons are crafted in the Mystic Forge by combining a precursor weapon, a gift tied to the particular legendary, plus the Gift of Maguuma Mastery (req heart of thorns) and the Mystic Tribute. (req heart of thorns)

I am pretty sure the Legendary craftsman won't sell you the scroll to unlock "Twilight I" if you don't have the mastery achievement for Legendary Crafting (at least the first level, higher levels are needed for further steps), alternative is to buy the precursor or play mystic forge

@Robban.1256 said:

And if the OP wants to craft that precursor they need to level up the Mastery Track.

OP - research the collections on the wiki! Look for things that might be showstoppers for you. If there is something you feel "nope, no way I'll want/be able to do that" farm/save gold and purchase the precursor from the TP, or buy Rare Greatswords and gamble in the forge. Otherwise start the collection!

This page shows the total gold cost for all the materials needed:https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries

For Dusk, it's currently ~250g cheaper to craft it than to buy it on the TP, using buy orders. This changes over time, of course.

Edit: Oh, unless it was clear - the option to craft the precursor through collections require the Mastery system, unlocked buy starting one of the expansions. If you want to hold off on buying them, I'd recomend farming gold and materials.

you can craft the precurser dusk with hot mastery-system (tyria masteries) as ppl stated already. However be aware that crafting the precursor is almost the price of just buying it of the tp. u maybe save ~200g)by crafting it yourself .. but u have a collection to finish that takes a reasonable amount of time (where u cant actually farm efficiently). My advice would be just buy dusk of the tp, unless u love to Quest for it. For farming u can do silverwastes, cursed shore, sometimes frosgorge sound, fractals (dungeons), and tyria world bosses + gathering.

However if u start to enjoy gw again and plan to stay a bit longer around... just get hot and even pof... u get soooo much content for the monz u spend. GL ^^

@Robban.1256 said:

There are lots of things to do and collect, good place to start is:

You only need the crafting mastery for gen 2 legendarys not gen 1 like twilightedit: nvm. i was wrong. they changed it

Well, they never changed it - they just added. Gen 1 precursors still drop, and still come out of the Mystic Forge. It's just that they are also craftable through the system that launched w HoT.

Archived