If you don’t think Rabid Amulet is problematic…

Lonecap.4105

We can all agree that Bladesworn sustain is especially obnoxious.

Imagine for a moment, that Bladesworn is able to deal condition damage with even the slightest bit of efficiency. It now slots Rabid.

Incase you didn’t know, Rabid is like having permanent protection, since 900 toughness is roughly equivalent to -33% incoming power damage.

This is why the balance team wastes their time and steps on the toes of other existing builds like power berserker when trying to address condition berserker. Just delete rabid, it’s not a healthy amulet.

Only condition berserker is even running this amulet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

6 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

We can all agree that Bladesworn sustain is especially obnoxious.

Imagine for a moment, that Bladesworn is able to deal condition damage with even the slightest bit of efficiency. It now slots Rabid.

Incase you didn’t know, Rabid is like having permanent protection, since 900 toughness is roughly equivalent to -33% incoming power damage.

This is why the balance team wastes their time and steps on the toes of other existing builds like power berserker when trying to address condition berserker. Just delete rabid, it’s not a healthy amulet.

Only condition berserker is even running this amulet.

There are already enough amulets removed. And now you want 1 removed because of 1 spec that if hypothetical could use it, "might be strong". The problem with bsw isn't a hypothetical build that it doesn't have. 

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

There are already enough amulets removed. And now you want 1 removed because of 1 spec that if hypothetical could use it, "might be strong". The problem with bsw isn't a hypothetical build that it doesn't have. 

No. That isn't what I was illustrating. I was showing that rabid amulet overly-inflates any tanky build that is able to equip it... by way of giving it essentially permanent protection (although even worse because it stacks with protection).

The topic is mostly about condition berserker. None of the traits are an issue on power berserker - you can still deal with it completely fine even if it uses the exact same traits as condition berserker. They nerf berserker traits just because they overperform in conjunction with rabid - that's not right.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

No. That isn't what I was illustrating. I was showing that rabid amulet overly-inflates any tanky build that is able to equip it... by way of giving it essentially permanent protection (although even worse because it stacks with protection).

The topic is mostly about condition berserker. None of the traits are an issue on power berserker - you can still deal with it completely fine even if it uses the exact same traits as condition berserker. They nerf berserker traits just because they overperform in conjunction with rabid - that's not right.

Then why bring up Bladesworn at all? 

I know you all wish to see it deleted but trying to push it into every discussion is seriously desperate. 

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Then why bring up Bladesworn at all? 

I know you all wish to see it deleted but trying to push it into every discussion is seriously desperate. 

Why do I need to repeat myself? Just re-read what I said if you want to know why I used it as an example.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

you're talking about bladesworn and you litarly said "just delete rabid". Rabid amulet aint the problem since you have low HP too. The problem are some builds with too much sustain. But don't shove it on amulets...

You're in the liked of a worse game designer who had the "brilliant" idea to remove many amulets

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

you're talking about bladesworn and you litarly said "just delete rabid". Rabid amulet aint the problem since you have low HP too. The problem are some builds with too much sustain. But don't shove it on amulets...

You don't have low hp on warrior. And other classes lower health effectively gatekeeps them from effectively making use of rabid.

The reason I used bladesworn, is to show the disparity between power and condition builds of a single spec, using very similar (or even the exact same) traits, just because of rabid amulet (power berserker and condition berserker). Since not many people play power berserker, and so not many people face it or would be able to comment and say that "yes, these traits aren't a problem for me to face if I fight power berserker, they're only a problem on condition berserker." - that's why I asked people to imagine rabid bladesworn existing, because it would compound bladesworn's bloated sustain to the point of absurdity.

• Confused 3

18 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

You don't have low hp on warrior. And other classes lower health effectively gatekeeps them from effectively making use of rabid.

The reason I used bladesworn, is to show the disparity between power and condition builds of a single spec, using very similar (or even the exact same) traits, just because of rabid amulet (power berserker and condition berserker). Since not many people play power berserker, and so not many people face it or would be able to comment and say that "yes, these traits aren't a problem for me to face if I fight power berserker, they're only a problem on condition berserker." - that's why I asked people to imagine rabid bladesworn existing, because it would compound bladesworn's bloated sustain to the point of absurdity.

https://tenor.com/nl/view/lion-king-scar-surrounded-by-idiots-ugh-gif-5742293

• Like 2

The amulet didn't need to be deleted. They could have easily had skull grinder do one less stack of confusion damage or had combustive shot not proc adrenal if it didn't touch anyone, but balance rarely cares about off meta. 

Face it, weird balance choices that don't fix the core problems tend to be par for Anet. Expecting to catch nerfs as power zerk has frequently been a reliable position. Its not the amulet's fault. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

The amulet didn't need to be deleted. They could have easily had skull grinder do one less stack of confusion damage or had combustive shot not proc adrenal if it didn't touch anyone, but balance rarely cares about off meta. 

Face it, weird balance choices that don't fix the core problems tend to be par for Anet. Expecting to catch nerfs as power zerk has frequently been a reliable position. Its not the amulet's fault. 

Skull grinder isn't the problem. Akeem is certainly an unhealthy interaction, and I'd like to see it heavily reigned in. But Skull Grinder in itself isn't a problem, it's a fair well telegraphed melee range strike that deals 5 confusion for 3 seconds baseline and some cover condis. The problem is warrior's general sustain, when coupled with rabid. Warrior sustain outside of rabid czerk or bladesworn bloat, is -not- very good actually.

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

The problem is warrior's general sustain, when coupled with rabid.

Other classes use rabid. Warrior getting the whole amulet axed because one spec has one variant that makes it obnoxious is putting the cart before the horse. You remove the interaction with akeem and you solve a big chunk of the problem. If skull grinder doesn't deserve nerfing, add the damage value of the lost confusion stack in torment. That single interaction is a large part of their damage and healing on a relatively low mobility build. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Other classes use rabid. Warrior getting the whole amulet axed because one spec has one variant that makes it obnoxious is putting the cart before the horse. You remove the interaction with akeem and you solve a big chunk of the problem. If skull grinder doesn't deserve nerfing, add the damage value of the lost confusion stack in torment. That single interaction is a large part of their damage and healing on a relatively low mobility build. 

What other builds use rabid?

I’m not against making rabid into 1000/1000 condi damage and precision, and 400/400 toughness and vitality, to match what was done with paladin amulet.

• Confused 4

7 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

What other builds use rabid?

Condi herald, condi holo (ask agent ambi), condi core engie/condi mech (ask @bethekey.8314.) a couple condi ranger builds. Some fringe Harbinger builds, a couple of specter and one condi thief build, the rebuilt condi chrono... hell, theres probably a burnguard in there. 

There's enough working sets out there that we should probably just take a single confusion stack off skull grinder. You have to look at all the off meta, but working builds when you make changes like this.  Otherwise you're just doing what anet does. If the confusion stack is so important, put it on one of the other mace disables so you can proc akeem with a 1 2 combo instead of just skullgrinder.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Already gave my responses. But can't be argued with stupidity 😅

Calling someone an idiot or stupid in a discussion is the ultimate irony. I'm not against reasonable logic, but you gave nothing besides "don't remove options" (and calling me childish names). Even if those options are unfun and unhealthy to play and face.

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Calling someone an idiot or stupid in a discussion is the ultimate irony. I'm not against reasonable logic, but you gave nothing besides "don't remove options" (and calling me childish names). Even if those options are unfun and unhealthy to play and face.

Because this another whine troll thread. You don't solve the problem by removing an amulet, the problems are inside traits and abilties... . Also this thread is even more of a troll since you talked about bsw having a hypothetical build in the future that doesn't exist. And then suddenly it is about condi berserker, where the problem doesn't lay in rabid amulet but in what Azure said. You expect serious conversation while you're trolling here, so you get "serious" response from me 😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Because this another whine troll thread. You don't solve the problem by removing an amulet, the problems are inside traits and abilties... . Also this thread is even more of a troll since you talked about bsw having a hypothetical build in the future that doesn't exist. And then suddenly it is about condi berserker, where the problem doesn't lay in rabid amulet but in what Azure said. You expect serious conversation while you're trolling here, so you get "serious" response from me 😂

So if universally chosen traits are problematic on a condi build, then they're automatically a problem on power? 

Nerfing savage instinct for example barely touched condi berserker, but power is a lot squishier, so it needlessly suffered. Your approach nerfs one build, but then another. My method is much more precise, and despite what people say, basically no other viable builds use rabid - and they can still use carrion or sage after the fact.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Your approach nerfs one build, but then another. My method is much more precise

It's kind of cute how the irony of this statement escapes you.

Complains about nerfs disproportionally affecting builds that are not overperforming 👉 Wants to remove an amulet that, by his own admission

"basically no other viable builds use rabid"

it all comes full circle xD

Edited by vilesoldier.9826
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

basically no other viable builds use rabid - and they can still use carrion or sage after the fact.

Viable and meta are different. there's a bunch of examples echoing what I said on metabattle that run rabid.

I just think it's a whole lot to ask people to rebuild instead of removing a single confusion stack from skull grinder and putting it on, say, pommel bash. Some builds need precision to activate traits. this is just bizzaro Anet balancing. Instead of power zerker (which is off meta and not technically viable) getting axed to tone down a meta build, you're axing a bunch of off meta builds to do the same thing.

Just adjust specifically the meta build. I don't know why this creates roundabout balancing efforts. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Viable and meta are different. there's a bunch of examples echoing what I said on metabattle that run rabid.

I just think it's a whole lot to ask people to rebuild instead of removing a single confusion stack from skull grinder and putting it on, say, pommel bash. Some builds need precision to activate traits. this is just bizzaro Anet balancing. Instead of power zerker (which is off meta and not technically viable) getting axed to tone down a meta build, you're axing a bunch of off meta builds to do the same thing.

Just adjust specifically the meta build. I don't know why this creates roundabout balancing efforts. 

Condi berserker is the only functionable rabid build. And besides, rabid is never a healthy amulet, even outside of condi berserker.

• Confused 1