mad kings clock tower enters me in instances that are ending

Moi.5013

Waiting in between puzzle attempts is bad enough but even worse when I enter it puts me into instances with less than 1 minute left on the timer so I cant even get 1 run in.  This happens A LOT.   Why is this set up like this?  Can it be changed?

• Like 1

I believe this has been a long-standing issue over the years. At least in the last year or two, I remember getting placed into these instances, but rarely.

Has this been happening frequently for you? If so, it might just be luck and the time one is playing that are key factors.

The secret is that the clocktower was programmed using an old school "PvP instance" because it's timed.  It's not any different from any other hot-join PvP type activities like Lunatic Inquisition, Reaper's Rumble, Keg Brawl, etc.  That's why there's a scoreboard too.  It was implemented long before other instance types like raids and strikes were created.  I don't think there's any easy way to fix that.  Wouldn't want new instances to keep spawning every time someone joins.

Edited by Chaba.5410

I'd love there to be a new instance just for myself everytime I played the clocktower.  Sure, it would mean the number of instances might increase by 5x, but at least I wouldn't have to wait around while someone else is finishing the JP.  And it would also remove this issue of ending an instance with little time less.

Note that this 'bug' exists for all activities - often I'll join an activity like sanctum sprint, keg brawl, etc, which is about to expire in little time.  Which is fine for me, since almost I'm certainly there for some daily, and the only requirement is that you be there when it ends, not actually do anything, but if someone actually wanted to play the content, that might be annoying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I'd love there to be a new instance just for myself everytime I played the clocktower.  Sure, it would mean the number of instances might increase by 5x, but at least I wouldn't have to wait around while someone else is finishing the JP.  And it would also remove this issue of ending an instance with little time less.

Well I just happen to have the best news for you... an explorable version of this instance is now available in which you can enter at your leisure and take as long as you want.

• Sad 1