The people designing ele should be reassigned

Poelala.2830

31 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

What do you mean so many ele players? 95% of condi catas were bandwaggon players who only played it at that time becuase it was easy. Those were not ''ele players".

You sound like a sword weaver main (or are you a hammer cata?), who has not played anything else on ele. I've played every possible spec imaginable, and the scepter/signet nerfs were massive overkill, destroying specs that you have no clue about. I know this becuase you are that guy who tried to compare ele condi to condi bombs.. like they are even remotely compareble. Why don't you stick to sword weaver or your one cata build? and stop having opinions on things you know nothing about.

1v1 me bro

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

1v1 me bro

What has that got to do you with you saying ele condi is directly comparable to zerker condi bombs?

You can be the best footballer in the world.. doesnt make you a good coach, you know nothing about the class. Seems like you are already having a rough time in 1v1s anyway.

5 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

You lose to my core Elementalist on every build you play; catalyst or core. Signet catalyst is just what I play when I want to meme.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

What has that got to do you with you saying ele condi is directly comparable to zerker condi bombs?

You can be the best footballer in the world.. doesnt make you a good coach, you know nothing about the class. Seems like you are already having a rough time in 1v1s anyway.

I cant tell if you are trolling or actually serious

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I cant tell if you are trolling or actually serious

Multiple times, I've asked you a direct and serious question: Why do you think ele condi can be compared like for like with condi bombs?

This question is important becuase: You say you are an ele main, yet don't appear to understand the basic mechanics of half of the class.

Here is a chance to redeem yourself. What is it that made condi cata OP?

I'll give you a small hint, it was ALOT less to do with the condi damage. I have played every possible condi spec, I know the answer.

Once you realise the answer to that question, you will then see how aweful the condi damage nerfs were to scepter, with 0 compensation for all other specs that relied on it, and were not problematic AT ALL. Not only did it destroy condi scepter builds, it destroyed builds that could have used signets (had they adressed the true reasons condi cata was OP, rather than blanket bombing the entire class). I guess you know all this, being an ele main.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Multiple times, I've asked you a direct and serious question: Why do you think ele condi can be compared like for like with condi bombs?

This question is important becuase: You say you are an ele main, yet don't appear to understand the basic mechanics of half of the class.

Here is a chance to redeem yourself. What is it that made condi cata OP?

I'll give you a small hint, it was ALOT less to do with the condi damage. I have played every possible condi spec, I know the answer.

Once you realise the answer to that question, you will then see how aweful the condi damage nerfs were to scepter, with 0 compensation for all other specs that relied on it, and were not problematic AT ALL. Not only did it destroy condi scepter builds, it destroyed builds that could have used signets (had they adressed the true reasons condi cata was OP, rather than blanket bombing the entire class). I guess you know all this, being an ele main.

You clearly have some weird idea on what makes a condi build strong. And im guessing you had no idea what signets were like before they got buffed because condi signet was a thing back then. Condi scepter cata is still very strong, condi core is still playable in a lot of matchups. You can even make core signet staff work in some cases. Maybe its a you problem if you cant perform with it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

You clearly have some weird idea on what makes a condi build strong. And im guessing you had no idea what signets were like before they got buffed because condi signet was a thing back then. Condi scepter cata is still very strong, condi core is still playable in a lot of matchups. You can even make core signet staff work in some cases. Maybe its a you problem if you cant perform with it.

Avoiding the question once again: Why do you think ele condi can be compared like for like with condi bombs? Let me up the anti, even condi cata did not compare to current condi bombs, becuase most condi catas only stacked 1 damage type that ALL specs could litteraly clense at 8+ stacks with a weapon swap. Not that the fire stacks werent kitten and reaplied so easily, but read on.

What made condi cata kitten was signets giving it stability + the passives on signets for -power/condi. That allowed any half kitten bandwaggon player to camp fire attunement and spam autos. That was the route of the problem, but also spewing out might in fire stance didnt help. If the stability -damage was removed, I gauntee all decent catas going for max performance would have went back to power, it was better at that point.

I played with signets a lot before they were buffed, across core and tempest hybrid builds. Those specs did not get free stability from signets before, or during condi cata bs. That meant you could be pressured out of fire stance very quickly, where your damage then tanks. I litterally played hybrid condi tempest+signets depending on build, for months before the condi cata update, nobody complained once, it was not an issue (outisde of the boring mechanic of all the damage being on auto attack, when it should have been spread across scepter and dagger offhand, like firegrab). Even during the signet buffs, I reverted back to feel the burn and aftershock. Feel the burn gave 2 healing+protection procs which was better to counter burst. Aftershock is an aoe immob, which has better utility for group fights. If I was playing full tempest dps, then I'd sooner consider fire/earth signet for better single target/lower cds. That was the versatility that was almost possible.. had Anet not completely bloated the signets for cata, through stability procs and -power/condi dmg, and then sledge hammer nerfed scepter and signets/trait.

I completely disagree with you, condi on ele is not great, its not even good. ANY current sPVP ele condi build is being hard carried by sustain, its comparable to SPB, decent sustain, with moderate to low damage. There are multiple condi specs that or good to great, more effective through similer sustain/more damage, and easier to play than condi ele.

"Condi scepter cata is still very strong, condi core is still playable in a lot of matchups. You can even make core signet staff work in some cases. Maybe its a you problem if you cant perform with it" TRANSLATION: Vet eles on condi can still farm low gold/silvers.

I actually prefere condi ele builds, ive played them the most, that the thing. I now exlusively play power ele, when I do play ele. Power ele is harder and more punishing than condi ele, why would I do that?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Ok you really have no idea what you are talking about.

👉STILL AVOIDING THE QUESTION👈: Why did you suggest ele condi is comparable to condi bombs? Which makes your last post pretty fking ironic.

Ive played tempest support, gaurd support, specter support, and rev support, Ive got a pretty good idea what condi damage is the most difficult to deal with, because group support is litterally what Ive done the most of. At the time of condi cata I was also playing vindi support, and it (rev support in general) hard countered condi catas, in-fact the more condi catas on the enemy team the better. It was easy to keep up with the clenses, fire, bleed and maybe an immob.

Cent purify removes 3 to 4 condi every 5 seconds from team. Cent dome removes condis through combos, scav burst removes 3 condi, staff removes 2 condi, and I remove 1 condi from team mates per dodge (vindi has a lot of dodge). Im litterally telling you, we farmed condi catas, and I don't have ANY issues with condi eles on rev support. The real problems are condi bomb specs that can out spam my clense with 4+ stacks. Ele condi is litterally only an issue in combination of other classes condi spam to mask it. Take that out of the equation, put in a decent clense support, and ele condi is a joke now. It only having 2 condi types means it needs higher damage to make up for its clear weakness in being easily clensed. I say that from both playing it, and playing support against it.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:59 PM, Arken.3725 said:

This is fairly rich.  Guardian is EASILY the worst-designed profession in the game and I can easily prove it.

- No other profession has SO many terribly-tracking skills(Torch, Scepter-Auto, Staff-Auto, LB at max range, Zealot's Defense, Zealot's Embrace, Binding Blade, Leap of Faith)

- The most static class in terms of mechanics(Consecrations, Symbols, rooted-skills)

- Nearly every healing-skill is garbage.  You're taking the lesser of many evils here; same with utilities.  Heaven's palm has got to be the worst Elite-skill in the game, bar none.  

I could go on far more than this dude ever could.  Outside of support, Guardian has been TERRIBLE for the longest time.

Wat?. 

Guardian has been meta, in far more then just support for a extremely long time 😂😂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Lol Gaurd is like the plate virsion of necro, they all sware its ''so bad'' yet ranked is full of them.

More then just ranked. 

Absolutely everywhere more like. Most popular classes in the game, while people adore to act like nothings different. 

2 classes don't swallow over 50% of the playerbase because their not good 😂😂

Issue is classes like ele and warrior have sat behind for so long barely anyone plays these classes anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

More then just ranked. 

Absolutely everywhere more like. Most popular classes in the game, while people adore to act like nothings different. 

2 classes don't swallow over 50% of the playerbase because their not good 😂😂

Issue is classes like ele and warrior have sat behind for so long barely anyone plays these classes anymore. 

Tbf it is gaurdians that are a huge part of what is making sPVP so fking horrible to play now, they take a 2v1 to kill in any reasonable time, so are not great to primary. But then what do you attack, the scourge? the virt mesmer?.. all of them face tanking like a boss with invulns, gaurd blocks and raw mitigation. If you down something, it gets ressed/picked up, thats just default now. The power meta had its issues, but at least pickups were alot trickier with paper thin sustain.

Tempest meta was far better than this bs, they were easier to punish.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2