Quickness uptime HB pve

aetemes.2603

Hey guys I recently-ish returned to the game.

It took me a while to register some changes that happened with FB..I mean at first I thought with no CD on tomes wth op op....

But then..I realised slowly that a lot of things are kinda...well let's just say I can't grasp them. A lot of tome spells are just very different than what they used to be...lol.

The biggest shocker is that the heal mantra does not give aegis anymore (unless you use the third pulse which is..bleh what??)...took me a while to actually realise that (was doing a story challenge and found out the hard way that fb is not the aegis machine gun it used to be lol). It doesn't even heal players..or has a decent protection uptime with lots of boon time gear.

Even if you take every single quickness talent which is actually really frustrating to have to talent into two of them!! to upkeep quickness in a "comfortable" way...it's like if you miss one mantra pulse on a player it'll be really impactful...and these mantras have a weird aoe I still can't fully compute. Even when you use the quickness mantra third charge things always feel tightish. (I was also fooled about how much quickness I am maintaining on others because of the self only proc from the swift scholar trait).

The heal/boon output of fb feels really "bursty" in when you can perform them..but they are also..not as strong as other classes in either department. They have a lot of zomg tools...but..can't maintain/stack them super duper well.

Am I getting this right or am I missing something. I think this explains herald healers mainly queing for quickness spots..or squads asking for heal alacs mainly...cause frankly traiting away from pages/boons with tome skills..feels really..not that good given yes the quickness uptime is better...but...still not that good?? All this button pressing when herald feels like they just...emanate the smell....of whatever you need, so why bother. Pvp is obviously a different ball game..but even there I mainly see base guardian support xD.

I am not really discussing is FB bad or op or whatever. I think it obviously has certain good uses but...

I know first hand that when I play in a party that has quickness uptime gaps it's frustrating cause if you cast something with significant cast time during these gaps it's painful so, trying to gauge my usefullness with the spec. (Maybe they are not the best for raiding/strike enviroments and that's that?).

Just checking...I could be missing something.

Edited by aetemes.2603

Take more boon duration (honestly, just push for 100%), and use every charge of the quickness mantra as quickly as possible. You also don't need the quickness traits if you take FMW, allowing you to take the +2 pages on final mantra charge trait and the axe trait for another source of CC to proc Stoic Demeanor.

7 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I dunno, I still land the healer spot plenty often in groups as FB. Herald is probably more easy but FB is what I'm used to.

ow I use it and no one really says nothing...I just noticed my self when I dps and the quickness source is fb sometimes I am like....hmm what's going on...so decided to actually make sure of the output myself.

5 hours ago, cat.8975 said:

Take more boon duration (honestly, just push for 100%), and use every charge of the quickness mantra as quickly as possible. You also don't need the quickness traits if you take FMW, allowing you to take the +2 pages on final mantra charge trait and the axe trait for another source of CC to proc Stoic Demeanor.

ok ya I mean I try to be cheap and not use food xD cause like some other classes/specs really get away with no/little bd at all and np.

I was really trying to play the don't use all mantra charges game but I will try the fire them all and be done with it approach.

Is stoic deameanor better than loremaster or?

Edited by aetemes.2603

39 minutes ago, aetemes.2603 said:

ow I use it and no one really says nothing...I just noticed my self when I dps and the quickness source is fb sometimes I am like....hmm what's going on...so decided to actually make sure of the output myself.

ok ya I mean I try to be cheap and not use food xD cause like some other classes/specs really get away with no/little bd at all and np.

I was really trying to play the don't use all mantra charges game but I will try the fire them all and be done with it approach.

Really depends on the encounter , if you need resistance because a lot of ensnaring conditions are up go for Stoic Demeanor, but don't forget if you play virtues your f2 passiv healing for the group will always be up and you reload your ammo way faster 6 vs 8 secs with Loremaster . 

The thing with using the last charge of mantras has some impact on your gameplay if you have Weighty Terms , refilling tow pages is great as the cd of tomes skills is pretty low , but use only the last charge of Mantra of Potence which give a lot of might and quicknes and Mantra of Flame if you dps ,the last charge does ludicrous damage, but for the healing skill save your last charge for an emergency aegis .

Edited by zeyeti.8347

1 hour ago, aetemes.2603 said:

Only time I don't maintain 100% quickness on the whole group as HB is when people move too far away to receive it. I have 100% BD, even when mixing in a few celestial trinkets. 

Compared with the previous, the old Firebrand's F1, F2 & F3 kinda force you to spend all of the pages without even thinking. As DPS builds, you can spam F2 to heal. Previous CondiFB is kinda OP as it provides damage and nice burst healing at the same time. Arena thinks that it is too OP and hence the ninja Nerf.

The current state is that you can always use Tome's skill and close it, but the pages are now shared, hence you need to spend it more carefully depending on your build and the situation that you are in. This is subjective as you need to adapt to a new playing style.
I am sure you will get used to it eventually.

Quickness uptime shouldn't be a problem as long as you maintain 100% Boon time, food utilities, traits, runes, and suitable gear. (For me, I'm just lazy and use all Harrier.)

Edited by yLoon.5289