GW2 keeps crashing after cutscenes in meta events

Dear GW2 community,

As of the Halloween update, my GW2 client keeps crashing each time a cut scene pops up in a map meta event (i.e. think of the one at the end of Dragonstorm and the Defense of Amnytas).
Never had any GW2 crashes in the past (as I have been playing since launch).
Now it's withholding me from participating in such events, as in some cases you don't get the event rewards due to the crash and you are not able to rejoin these (public) instances (i.e. Dragonstorm).

Potentially relevant information:

In-game settings: low ( personal preference )
Event viewer log (indicating it's conflicting with a Windows 10 core DLL file)

Faulting application name: Gw2-64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x65382a73
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3570, time stamp: 0x3be1c500
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff279
Faulting process id: 0x844
Faulting application start time: 0x01da0fdc73c39a9f
Faulting application path: R:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 10bea001-add6-4e5b-b03d-325b5f04ea94
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

// Similar errors on earlier crashes (exception code and fault offset), but different faulting process id and faulting application start time - uncertain if this is relevant or not //
Faulting process id: 0x34d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01da0a864d4f83b0

//

Faulting process id: 0x3bbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01da0919fb522b59

Actions performed on my end:
- Ensured that my Windows 10 is up-to-date.
- Ensured that my local windows files are not corrupt (by running both `sfc` and `dism`)
- Removed GW2 and reinstalled from scratch

Anything else that can be tried?

//edit
Grammar fixes

Edited by Threepsie.3248
Grammar fixes
  • Sad 1

First, make sure you are not running Blish, for some reason several guildies had problems with Amnytas  meta like you but as soon as they uninstalled it and other addons, it began to work without any issues.

The only addon I can confirm personally that works, is the Unofficial All in one Addon with arcDPS.

Secondly, try clearing your cache, it can greatly improve your performance and also gets rid of old junk: 

• Sad 1

On 11/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, Tashigi.3159 said:

First, make sure you are not running Blish, for some reason several guildies had problems with Amnytas  meta like you but as soon as they uninstalled it and other addons, it began to work without any issues.

The only addon I can confirm personally that works, is the Unofficial All in one Addon with arcDPS.

Secondly, try clearing your cache, it can greatly improve your performance and also gets rid of old junk: 

Thanks for these suggestions, I do appreciate them.

But I don't have BLISH nor arcdps running. Tried clearing the cache and attempted Amnytas today: crashed again at start of cinematic.

Is there no GW2 crash error message when this happens?

In addition to the gw2cache, try removing %AppData%/Local.dat.  Before you do though, go to F11 on the keybinding screen, export your keybinds, then make note of your graphics settings.  Removing Local.dat will reset all those settings.

Yep. Had a crash at the end of a PvP match. Then on logging in the login to char selection works. But loading into the map crashes with a network error - prompting me to check my internet connection. (Which works fine.) Must be related to server issues.

Fortunately my daily routine was done and I hopefully will still have time to finish the last weekly for halloween (for the 200 for the skin chest) later or early tomorrow.

Edit: Someone made an own thread for this in the bug forums. Working again for me. Seems it was only like 5-10 minutes - the problem.

Edited by Luthan.5236

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Is there no GW2 crash error message when this happens?

In addition to the gw2cache, try removing %AppData%/Local.dat.  Before you do though, go to F11 on the keybinding screen, export your keybinds, then make note of your graphics settings.  Removing Local.dat will reset all those settings.

Nah my game freezes so there is no crash log I have to manualy delete the task in task bar.

In addition to crashes during cutscenes, my game occasionally crashes when I open the wiki from within the game with "/wiki [...]". Not every time, but often enough to be annoying... I almost never had crashes lately until the halloween update. I hope this will be fixed as soon as the reason for it is found (or it is solved when halloween event is over 😃 ) .

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nah my game freezes so there is no crash log I have to manualy delete the task in task bar.

I was referring to the OP's "c0000374" crash with ntdll.dll.  You get that too?  Or are you saying your game freezes instead of crashes after cutscenes in meta events?

Edited by Chaba.5410

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, NIGHTHUNTER.5139 said:

In addition to crashes during cutscenes, my game occasionally crashes when I open the wiki from within the game with "/wiki [...]". Not every time, but often enough to be annoying... I almost never had crashes lately until the halloween update. I hope this will be fixed as soon as the reason for it is found (or it is solved when halloween event is over 😃 ) .

This has been happening to me too recently.

Myself and others in my guild have also been getting periodic crashes after cutscenes play, mostly in raid (last night it was after Q2 when the cutscene plays), Amnytas at the end, Dragonstorm after the first cutscene, etc. 

• Sad 1

On 9/11/2023 at 3:07, DakuL.9263 said:

Mi juego comenzó a congelarse y necesitaba finalizar la tarea... en metas... nunca había sucedido antes de este nuevo parche...

Since the last update I have the same problem.  It also happens to me in PvP, it freezes on the loading screen or sometimes it just disconnects me in the middle of the game

• Confused 1