why anet allows this to happen

Khalisto.5780

45 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

there's a DH player that afk 100% of his matches, even if is winning and dies twice he afks, i'm sure this dude got hundreds of reports by now and still there, prolly cuz he paid for an expasion

Make screen or record it. Send report directly on support site with his acc name, he will get banned

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, deathdealer.2197 said:

Imagine banning a paying customer surefire way to make less money 

focus on the ones you already have right, who knows if the hundreds of f2p that may left cuz the afk fest would have bought something, right?

my theory is, paying customers don't get banned, i got a friend trying the game, he was banned cuz he somehow got matched with "top players", banned for witrading lol, of course he got farmed non stop, he was sitting at 60 games total

Edited by Khalisto.5780

22 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

he won't, i reported a druid that does the same, exactly this way, sent videos, i kept an eye on how many matches he played, never got banned.

very probably if you would make a thread about him with video proof in the forum, you would get faster banned yourself then him. Sad enough😶

You expect him to get banned for what exactly?

As long as he's not flaming he dont brake any rules by afking. Ofc anyone is free to prove me wrong by pointing me to the rule that states that afking is forbidden.

People need to understand that GW2 is not LoL and threatening people with reports will not get you a free carry neither you can force the enemy to get farmed for your entertainment.

Those who don't want afkers they can play modes that allow 5 man premades.

As for paying customers vs freeloaders anyone who think that not just a-net but any company will threat them same, is delusional to say the least.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Imagine jumping into a ranked mode where your rank depends on four other people trying, losing because one person on your team didn't try, then getting upset at your opponent as well because someone there queued with a buddy to reduce the possibility that someone had a glass ego on their team by 20%.

This is a mess lmao. If they make it full premade vs premade people won't play it because that requires social skills and the disparity between teams is very clear, but if you put them together randomly soloq vs soloq you have to pray to RNG gods that your teammates are well adjusted, which is even worse. 

2 hours ago, Dickinson.7368 said:

As long as he's not flaming he dont brake any rules by afking. Ofc anyone is free to prove me wrong by pointing me to the rule that states that afking is forbidden.

People need to understand that GW2 is not LoL and threatening people with reports will not get you a free carry neither you can force the enemy to get farmed for your entertainment.

As for paying customers vs freeloaders anyone who think that not just a-net but any company will threat them same, is delusional to say the least.

This guy sounds like he stops playing the moment people don't respond to his map ping spamming.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This guy sounds like he stops playing the moment people don't respond to his map ping spamming.

Jokes on you, i don't ping/communicate at all with my "team".
I join every match with the mentality that i'm 1v5 and try to use the rest as meatshields/distraction. :)

On 11/7/2023 at 8:06 AM, Dickinson.7368 said:

https://www.arena.net/en/legal/code-of-conduct

2 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Oh thank you, apparently i had completely missed it.

While participating in Player-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay in the Services, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other users’ experiences in the Services by not actively participating in good faith (e.g., “griefing” or “leeching”).

Tho according to their own ToS premades/boosters are breaking the ToS as well.
They manipulate the ranking by boosting people to ratings they don't belong to, and anyone who's play solo only know what an amazing experience it is to play PuG vs 2 premades especially at higher ranks

But even if they followed their rules a la carte, i highly doubt that they would touch anyone who gave up or afk mid-game.
Hell, I doubt that they would even ban anyone who joins and afk to farm boxes, given that they didn't touch win-traders who are at it for years now.

Even assuming, arguendo, that they ban an EU consumer (I am unfamiliar with US consumer rights and laws, hence why I use the EU as an example) for "not actively participating in good faith," it can end up being an absolute legal nightmare for them due to EU laws being pro-consumer & requiring extreme transparency.
As stated in the user agreement, if you are a resident of an EU Member State, nothing in this Section 1.7.3 shall keep you from exercising your statutory rights. We may be obliged to accept appeals or to explain our decisions under applicable local law.

If i had to guess that's one of the reasons that they only bother banning for botting, flaming, racism, etc, its so much easier to prove than X is afking on purpose vs. X is afking cause of X irl reason.

Anyway, apologies for the wall of text.
I obviously not support afking for farming chests or elo manipulation in any way, but during the last few months, I have noticed a massive increase of cases where people who don't carry their own weight try to force others to carry them by threatening them with reports.

• Confused 3