Weaver and unused skills

Rei.6195

So any time I see someone doing a benchmark test or talking about rotations for Weaver (specifically sword/dagger in this case) there are always some abilities left out like lightning 2 and 4 and I don't really know why. I assume they're just not good enough, but the tooltips seem to suggest their damage is fair and the casts are so quick it doesn't really interrupt the auto attacks that I've recently found out are pretty good for the DPS. 

So basically I'm just wondering how to tell if a skill is worth using and/or why skills like these two or Earth 4 (dagger) and the like are so neglected.

7 minutes ago, Rei.6195 said:

So any time I see someone doing a benchmark test or talking about rotations for Weaver (specifically sword/dagger in this case) there are always some abilities left out like lightning 2 and 4 and I don't really know why. I assume they're just not good enough, but the tooltips seem to suggest their damage is fair and the casts are so quick it doesn't really interrupt the auto attacks that I've recently found out are pretty good for the DPS. 

So basically I'm just wondering how to tell if a skill is worth using and/or why skills like these two or Earth 4 (dagger) and the like are so neglected.

Normally if a skill is left out there are other skills that are just better. Often also the Auto attack just deals more damage than a skill. A good example for this is hammer 3 on scrapper. The damage isnt that bad, it has an evade and has 2 leap finishers, but the Auto attack simply deals more damage so hammer 3 isnt used on benchmarks (except on support because the combo finishers are needed there).

I mostly tested myself if a skill is worth using or not, i also dont know any other way except looking it up in a video like benchmarks. Some skills may also not be useful on the golem but are useful in actual combat because they are CCs.

30 minutes ago, Rei.6195 said:

Polaric leap has both lower base damage as well as a lower damage coefficient than any of the attacks in the air auto chain.  It's probably also slower than its 1/2 second tooltip suggests due to its animation.  This is common with skills that involve forced movement.  For example, ride the lightning has no cast time according to the tooltip, but the animation obviously requires time to complete.  It's a little stronger on damage/coefficient, but it probably isn't worth giving up completing an air AA chain or delaying your rotation into the next element.

Think you don't use ride the lightning to also avoid "riding" to a hole and die cause unfortunate de-targeting.

Another problem with weaver is the access to cc , with a 4 internal cd to each attunement you will be stuck in a combo or single attunement you don't want like air/earth and then you will be stuck in a earth attunement for 8 secs.

bit sad that half of your skills aren't usefull in a  specific role , condi goes fire/earth and power fire/air only , you just attune to the other attunement to get value of Weave self.

• Like 1