Returning player - support class suggestions?

JP the Pirate.6752

Hello everyone! I have been on and off GW2 but making my grand return now that life has settled down once again. While I have a few characters at varied levels, I want to run a fresh one! With that said, I have been a bit out of the loop on everything and was looking for suggestions for a profession that has a fun and needed support build (or builds).

I've enjoyed most classes that I've played in the past, but I always prefer playing heavier support roles when possible. I know the balance patch drops in a few days, so hopefully, it is one that will still be good following that! I don't mind simple or a bit more complex, just nothing needing a degree in to become proficient with.

I appreciate any and all suggestions, and bonus points for best thematic race pairings.

It doesn't have a healer spec... yet... but I've been partial to the Chronomancer.  The DPS build, the alac build, and the quickness build are all essentially the same, using the same gear.  Aside from the boon support, Mesmer has a lot of utilities that show up in different places.  Feedback, Portal, Temporal Curtain, Gravity Well, Mantra of Concentration, and all of the boon removal make for a great toolbox that is useful for just about any occasion.  When I first started raiding, I did it as a chronotank, precisely because I could adjust my build to any situation.  

There's engineer with mechanist, it has several support builds, and the weapon coming is support focused with shortbow. 

There's mesmer, they're making healing mesmer defintly a thing. Again a support focused new weapon aswell as several boon builds avaliable. 

There's guardian as always. It has great support options avaliable to it via firebrand. 

There's Elementalist with tempest. This has loads of support built into it and a extremely potent healer. 

7 hours ago, JP the Pirate.6752 said:

Hello everyone! I have been on and off GW2 but making my grand return now that life has settled down once again. While I have a few characters at varied levels, I want to run a fresh one! With that said, I have been a bit out of the loop on everything and was looking for suggestions for a profession that has a fun and needed support build (or builds).

I've enjoyed most classes that I've played in the past, but I always prefer playing heavier support roles when possible. I know the balance patch drops in a few days, so hopefully, it is one that will still be good following that! I don't mind simple or a bit more complex, just nothing needing a degree in to become proficient with.

I appreciate any and all suggestions, and bonus points for best thematic race pairings.

Make a ranger. 

Alac heal Druid is very welcome on groups. 

You can switch to dps Soulbeast and even have the option to play heal/dps quickness Untamed. 

Ranger is also good in open world. 

• Like 1