Whats up with robbing us of movement control recently?

Wasn't this bad game design once?

- Regular cryptis mobs tethering you and pulling you towards them.
- Sorrow alone has three of those annoying skills: the wing flap, the tornado and just lifting you up. Combine this with a a grid of death cracks on the ground. Fun!

Edit: Additionally - stability not working on most of this.

Imho ANET is overdoing it here. Discuss.

Edited by cephiroth.6182
  • Like 9
  • Confused 3

I dislike game design that just circumvents intended and learned mechanics for the sake of artificial difficulty.

Adding enemies that have CC that cannot be negated or attacks that cannot be dodged is bad game design. Not least because it does not teach players to use these mechanics.

It strips all complexity from the game and boils it down to "how can I do the most damage/healing possible in the shortest time".

Big numbers are great and all, but when trying to play smart and skilfully only to be told "nope, sorry, doesn't work" is not very satisfying.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, cephiroth.6182 said:

- Sorrow alone has three of those annoying skills: the wing flap, the tornado and just lifting you up. Combine this with a a grid of death cracks on the ground. Fun!

Info: During the fight agaist Sorrow, you are supposed to take off into the air when it lifts you up and use Glider Skill 8 to break its defiance bar.

What I find a lot more annoying than what you describe in your OP is when push and pull skills catapult you into textures where you become stuck, which also happens quite often during Convergences if you position yourself with the back against the wall.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, cephiroth.6182 said:

Wasn't this bad game design once?

- Regular cryptis mobs tethering you and pulling you towards them.

Edit: Additionally - stability not working on most of this.

Imho ANET is overdoing it here. Discuss.

I like the cyclone thing that pulls you :3