I can't enter the game. (Code=164:5:1:318:101) Build 154410

Has anyone run into this and know the fix? I'm still waiting to hear from support.

I was booted from the game and when i went to re-log on, I get the character screen and as soon as I try to log into one of them I get the message: Guild Wars 2 has been updated. Please exit and relaunch it. (Code=164:5:1:318:101)on build

I've tried client repair.

I've deleted the dat file.

I've deleted the cache in temp and whatever was in apps/roaming.

I checked the firewall settings.

I tried connecting to the modem directly.

I tried updating video card drivers.

I tried potatoing the graphic settings on the character screen.

I tried restarting the computer.

I tried downloading the client on another computer as a fresh install. I really thought that would work, but it didn't. I got the same exact message.

I tried logging in using a completely different internet source.

I tried logging into the Steam version of the game and had NO issues and was able to get fully into the game, but I don't use the Steam version as I have an older account and sign in via the Arenanet client.

I don't really know what else to try. This almost seems like the problem with my account, server, or the build itself. Anyone seen this?

Edited by Zuljondi.6853
Additional info added.

5 minutes ago, Zuljondi.6853 said:

I tried downloading the client on another computer as a fresh install. I really thought that would work, but it didn't. I got the same exact message.

Nvm, didn't see this.  You'll probably need to contact support.

Edited by Chaba.5410

6 minutes ago, quikcksilver.4631 said:

When I select any character, beta or normal, I get the loading screen for the zone they're in then it crashes to desktop.

The game did that to me because I had arcdps installed.  Uninstall it if you have it.  Or remove any d3d11.dll files you have installed in the game directory.

Edited by Chaba.5410

• Zuljondi.6853 changed the title to I can't enter the game. (Code=164:5:1:318:101) Build 154410

It was the build. I got booted around like 9pm last night. I checked it right before work this morning at 8:30 and I still couldn't get in. I checked that both builds were the same, even on the fresh install. I just now tried to get that info to include here, but I couldn't really read the small text on my laptop, so I reopened the one on my desktop and it started to download a new build. Once the new build download was done, I was back in. Maybe some of you older players are familiar with it, but I guess the new builds can completely break the game for some. I'll have to remember that for next time.

Edited by Zuljondi.6853
clarity
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Zuljondi.6853 said:

It was the build. I got booted around like 9pm last night. I checked it right before work this morning at 8:30 and I still couldn't get in. I checked that both builds were the same, even on the fresh install. I just now tried to get that info to include here, but I couldn't really read the small text on my laptop, so I reopened the one on my desktop and it started to download a new build. Once the new build download was done, I was back in. Maybe some of you older players are familiar with it, but I guess the new builds can completely break the game for some. I'll have to remember that for next time.

Weird.  The latest patch dropped around 9am Pacific this morning.

27 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Weird.  The latest patch dropped around 9am Pacific this morning.

That kinda makes sense. I'm also Pacific, so if it was 9pm that I was booted lasted night. The game somehow confused the time for me 12 hours too soon and gave me the boot.. In the past, I've gotten the new build popups in game asking me to restart within an hour. So now I'm on 154949. At least it self-resolved, but hopefully, that was a one time quirk.

Glad you other folks got it resolved disabling addons. I was not using any when this happened.

Edited by Zuljondi.6853
  • Like 1