Thank you for the Pistols!

Ezrael.6859

Having spent the last couple of hours in WvW using them as Power, Hybrid and Condi in 1v1, small skirmishes and zerg fights I have been enjoying them a lot.

They feel like a lot of fun to use, there are all sorts of fun interactions with them, they feel more fluid than other Guardian weapons, I'm happy that 5 can be charged while moving and wasn't another rooting skill that plagues Guardian weapons like Sword and Longbow.

The damage felt good, if anything a little low for a dual weapon set that is entirely offensive at a medium range, you don't have the full protection of 1200 or 1500 range, and there are no boons or defensive abilities.

I'm happy to see multiple burn stacks for a short duration, this really helps the burn Guardian to be more competitive in WvW or PvP as it has always suffered from having few conditions available and its damage easily cleansed by rapid single cleanses, it can't stack and easily restack several damaging conditions and doesn't have a lot of cover conditions available in most builds.

For Jurisdiction I personally would prefer if this was charged and fired by hold and release, rather than tap then tap again to fire. I think it would be more fluid to use this way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I played with it only for limited time, but it works and it is fun.

Auto attack could be faster, but quickness kind of take care of that.

2 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

For Jurisdiction I personally would prefer if this was charged and fired by hold and release, rather than tap then tap again to fire. I think it would be more fluid to use this way.

I am not sure about this one. I probably like tapping more like press it once and "queue" other skills right away that seems more fluid for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

The one thing I think that gets lost this way (which is also my favorite element of the pistols so far) is the inherent mobility it offers. A hold and release makes it way more difficult for a player to maintain their movement if they're locked to holding 5 down vs just managing timing on a double tap.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:36 PM, Ezrael.6859 said:

I'm happy that 5 can be charged while moving and wasn't another rooting skill that plagues Guardian weapons like Sword and Longbow.

Charging up Pistol#5 doesn't feel worth it for me. I've been spamming Pistol#5 in melee range to basically have a near guarantee knockback because that feels more fluid, rotation wise. Moving while channeling is still a huge plus.

My most favorite is Pistol#4. It out damages LB#2 Trueshot in some cases. I'm running it on my Valk build in sPvP and it is just shredding.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Charging up Pistol#5 doesn't feel worth it for me. I've been spamming Pistol#5 in melee range to basically have a near guarantee knockback because that feels more fluid, rotation wise. Moving while channeling is still a huge plus.

My most favorite is Pistol#4. It out damages LB#2 Trueshot in some cases. I'm running it on my Valk build in sPvP and it is just shredding.

With Valkyrie Hail of Justice has a 1330 damage tooltip, True Shot is 1861 so I don't see it outdamaging as it's coefficient appears to be lower also. True Shot is also a further 600 range.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 3:24 AM, Ezrael.6859 said:

With Valkyrie Hail of Justice has a 1330 damage tooltip, True Shot is 1861 so I don't see it outdamaging as it's coefficient appears to be lower also. True Shot is also a further 600 range.

You can use Pistol#4 twice before #4 goes on cd entirely. I'm including the second ammo as well.

Edit: Using Exploitation & Seperation sigils, I've seen just 1 ammo do upwards of 7.4k damage. If it isn't more than Trueshot then the damage is extremely close.

Edited by Saiyan.1704