Strange new annoying invisible wall in Tangled Depths (w/ location image)

So for me, so far this has been 100% reproducible I do not know why this showed up but I do Chak Gerent and run into it often enough that I know this is recent it must be with the new update. When leaving Gerent, I'm usually going to the next meta in Auric Basin so I take the scenic route instead of waypointing. I go roller beetling far to the west up Ogre lane, then to the north. At the north wall here, is a vertical tunnel, with updrafts up it, fully intended to be able to be ascended with the glider, or now the skyscale I guess, at the top, is a chest with random junk in it, and a path that goes much closer to the western exit to the zone!

However tonight I went over there and there's.... an invisible ceiling, just before the platform with the chest. There's a few light volumes in here coming down from the sky, and I think one of them might be what's blocking this, maybe collision detection got enabled on one because it got reused in a later part of Nayos being made right now? I dunno, but it's blocking the path in any case. 

You can find an image of this highlighted on the map right here! https://imgur.com/a/VfKznJw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 9:32 AM, ndrangles.5183 said:

How long has it been this way, anyone know? This invisible wall is fully blocking the entire passageway.

It'd been a couple months, I think a patch around Inner Nayos launch caused it. My guess is a world designer reused the light asset at the top of that tunnel and needed collision detection on it and toggle it on on the new version and didn't check the impact of the old one.

In any case, good news, went to TD tonight and the game said I need to patch first, was kinda thinking that was odd, so when Gerent's overly long defend the cannons timer was up, I went to check and surprise surprise, they did actually fix it, so kudos anet for getting that one done