Buff Power Virtuoso PvE

dontlook.1823

I think Power Virtuoso could use a buff in PvE. I was thinking of an addition to Infinite Forge where you get like .5% damage for each blade expended. 

Power Mesmer could use a buff in general.  In fractals, it seems bursty classes overshadow Mesmer's damage. The ramp-up is relatively significant, and without precasting, it is challenging to keep up with other classes. 

Some classes, in particular, have a small window of high damage they can dish out. A power Virtuoso can contend, but when up against Bladesworns and Soulbeasts, it becomes rather challenging to keep up. Another suggestion might be to reduce the cast time of Bladesong Harmony.

These are just some thoughts. Any other suggestions are welcomed. 

• Like 1

You are right , while v.power has some burst it fall down quickly after his initial burst .

Mental focus and inifinite forge are the two things to buff a bit , any other change could result to overpowering the condi virtuoso who is already strong enough.

Came to a reddit nice idea for infinite forge : same as previous , get you 1 blade each 3sec ,  new thing was ability to stack up to 6 blades and give you always 1 blade , regardless of the 3 sec cd, when you hit 0 blade . Such a thing will never replace bloodsong for condi.

they could also make a boon tooltip for infinite forge were you see the 3 sec timing , so you can precast some bladesongs just before having the 5th blade, cause in the middle of a fight it's kind of hard to upkeep in mind the 3  sec cd.

For metal focus we can simply see a damage range treshold up to 15% the closer you get.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

You are right , while v.power has some burst it fall down quickly after his initial burst .

Mental focus and inifinite forge are the two things to buff a bit , any other change could result to overpowering the condi virtuoso who is already strong enough.

Came to a reddit nice idea for infinite forge : same as previous , get you 1 blade each 3sec ,  new thing was ability to stack up to 6 blades and give you always 1 blade , regardless of the 3 sec cd, when you hit 0 blade . Such a thing will never replace bloodsong for condi.

they could also make a boon tooltip for infinite forge were you see the 3 sec timing , so you can precast some bladesongs just before having the 5th blade, cause in the middle of a fight it's kind of hard to upkeep in mind the 3  sec cd.

For metal focus we can simply see a damage range treshold up to 15% the closer you get.

Yes. The Virtuoso takes quite a bit to get their full damage potential out there. The trait where a dagger spawns after a phantasm is summoned is an excellent example of the ramp-up. If they could make the middle grandmaster more impactful for power builds without lending itself to the already strong condi build, that would be great. 

23 hours ago, dontlook.1823 said:

Yes. The Virtuoso takes quite a bit to get their full damage potential out there. The trait where a dagger spawns after a phantasm is summoned is an excellent example of the ramp-up. If they could make the middle grandmaster more impactful for power builds without lending itself to the already strong condi build, that would be great. 

That's the problem Phantasmal Blades is super strong it is played as power and as condi , looking at some arcdps build this trait alone is n1 damage dealer as power and is missclaculated for condi cause it procs bleeding on phantasme going into an ammo blade, on the other side what was supposed be the condi to go trait Sharpening Sorrow is not used at all , that's a bit of a problem design , in power you take the bleeding proc after 5 stacks restore 1 blade and on the other side you take what is obviously a power trait as a condi damage. 

So for me the mid trait is super strong only alone with phantasmal blades (they should make sharpening sorrow a bit more interesting to use , not only for fury proc on solo) , the problem comes from the lack of blade ammo as power being half of the time very low and infinite forge feeling more of a "convenient" trait than an active impactfull trait.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1

Idk, personally I use Sharpening Sorrow since that 10% condi duration is too good to pass up. In theory shouldn't all my condi stacks ticking for 1 extra second be better than inflicting 1 extra bleed stack? I feel like it makes up well for the fact that condi Virt has to sacrifice Expertise to max out Precision by gearing Rampager. 

I agree to the proposed Infinite Forge and Mental Focus changes btw, would be interesting if implemented.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

on the other side what was supposed be the condi to go trait Sharpening Sorrow is not used at all. 

High end condi builds use Sharpening Sorrow, its kitten near crucial. Meta sites don't use it but they also tend to not hit 100% condi duration or 3k condi damage after might stacks either. Last I checked Snowcrows cVirt for example's Condi Duration barely hit 50% for non bleeds and their condi damage WITH might doesn't even reach high to mid 2ks. Literally the two most important things for condition damage. (Even my support build sits just under 3k with might. Pictured below at full proc and add the Relic of A for the 15%)

https://imgur.com/pYloElq

Would not use Meta sites as a base for cVirt as they've always been behind by a wide margin. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Voyant.1327 said:

High end condi builds use Sharpening Sorrow, its kitten near crucial. Meta sites don't use it but they also tend to not hit 100% condi duration or 3k condi damage after might stacks either. Last I checked Snowcrows cVirt for example's Condi Duration barely hit 50% for non bleeds and their condi damage WITH might doesn't even reach high to mid 2ks. Literally the two most important things for condition damage. (Even my support build sits just under 3k with might.)

https://imgur.com/pYloElq

Would not use Meta sites as a base for cVirt as they've always been behind by a wide margin. 

héhé i wonder in what situation you got your buffs ? 23 k hp , 100% crit. chance , 600 healing power , 3k condi , 85% all condi duration , +400 thougness , 55% + boon duration ... i bet snowcrow want your build , can you just expend the image plz 😏, this is a build who hit 50k no ? upkeep might , prot , alacrity , heal 2000 hp /sec and tank ? i smell hard trolling... eod story last boss godlike buff is not everywhere in the game you know. but nice try fooling around. I think you took the time to cut your image for a good reason , why not give us all the image ...

And for your information phantasmal blades are used for 3 reasons:

-high hit damage after each phantasm , even on a condi build .

-the blade throw after a phantasm inflict bleedin.

-the bleed proc adds up more blades .

So no , sharpening sorrow is for people who lack expertise , or for open world fury proc.

And it's not hard to reach 100% with rune of krait +50 and aristocracy relic +15 , makes bleed +65% , and bleed is the only condi you should care about as torment and confusion are too low to be taken in high consideration. But anyway ppl can play how they want , if sharpening stone suits well be it , i will certainly not change it , i clearly see a diff in dps when using one or the other.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

héhé i wonder in what situation you got your buffs ? 23 k hp , 100% crit. chance , 600 healing power , 3k condi , 85% all condi duration , +400 thougness , 55% + boon duration ... i bet snowcrow want your build , can you just expend the image plz 😏, this is a build who hit 50k no ? upkeep might , prot , alacrity , heal 2000 hp /sec and tank ? i smell hard trolling... eod story last boss godlike buff is not everywhere in the game you know. but nice try fooling around. I think you took the time to cut your image for a good reason , why not give us all the image ...

It's easy to spot that reddit troll even on the forums. Is sad. Always talks about how his build is better than actual benchmarkers but will never post it or a log.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

It's easy to spot that reddit troll even on the forums. Is sad. Always talks about how his build is better than actual benchmarkers but will never post it or a log.

Yes i guess a lacking attention kiddo ! it's not even fun , make it too obvious and spotted 100 miles afar.

22 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Idk, personally I use Sharpening Sorrow since that 10% condi duration is too good to pass up. In theory shouldn't all my condi stacks ticking for 1 extra second be better than inflicting 1 extra bleed stack? I feel like it makes up well for the fact that condi Virt has to sacrifice Expertise to max out Precision by gearing Rampager. 

I agree to the proposed Infinite Forge and Mental Focus changes btw, would be interesting if implemented.

Afaik, the power damage of the blade is significant as well on the dueling condi virtuoso, not solely the extra bleed from the blade (just checked the snowcrows bench and the strike damage from phantasmal blades alone is 2.381% of the total dps). You get 50% bleed duration from krait runes and another 15% from the aristocracy relic, making it super easy to cap both crit chance and bleed duration, so the extra stats you'd gain from the expertise end up being less damage than the blade on phantasms, while also having a significantly higher burst despite being a condi build. The entire build revolves around generating bleed stacks through crits, and has rather limited access to other condis in comparison, making bonus duration to conditions a lot less relevant once you've capped bleed.

The expertise trait is picked only on chaos virt because your phantasms don't inflict bleeds on crit anymore, making weapon swapping reduntant, you only use the torch phantasm, therefore reducing the frequency of phantasmal blades substantially.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, I haven't done the math myself.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 1