Why is Sorrow so stupid op vs Demon Knight???

Pecar.1236

60+ convergences done and I dont understand why people are having issues with Sorrow.... just run orbs to zojja to keep her healed and you are golden.   I am assuming the folks having issues are in instanced with a ton of afkers or people who just fly around on the skyscales using fireballs being lazy... I haven't had one instance even come close to failing in all my 60 runs 90% of them being public ones.    /shrug

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I literally have almost no idea what you are talking about. I have actually only done one convergence which is why I even know what you're referencing in the first place. The group I did it with though Zojja was never threatened by anything, like, at all. Maybe you just had a bad group. They happen sometimes.

There are two bosses you can get at random

- Demon Knight, which does very little damage comparatively speaking and has few emchanics beyond a meteor attack

- Sorrow, which is a massive wyvern and does constant knockbacks, tornados and more damage. If he lands on Zojja as he moves around, he can do a lot pf damage. It's also a visual mess of a fight. 

Sorrow needs managing. Demon Knight does not. If everyone heals Zojja though and pulls Sorrow away, problems are largely confined to to screen mess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

60+ convergences done and I dont understand why people are having issues with Sorrow.... just run orbs to zojja to keep her healed and you are golden.   I am assuming the folks having issues are in instanced with a ton of afkers or people who just fly around on the skyscales using fireballs being lazy... I haven't had one instance even come close to failing in all my 60 runs 90% of them being public ones.    /shrug

the orbs don't spawn unless your group is coordinated with crowd control and damage. you have to break his bar to stop him from moving and then do enough damage to bring his health down to spawn the orbs, and t this repeats about ten times. sorrow is on par with a strike boss and needs a good chunk of the squad to actually know what they're doing, whereas demon knight is more like an open-world boss that requires very little management.

its very likely most of the convergences you've had success at were being carried by the top 10% of players, similar to encounters like drakkar.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

its very likely most of the convergences you've had success at were being carried by the top 10% of players, similar to encounters like drakkar.

I'm well aware how it works... and no, I do mainly public instances... I do not coordinate with discord/guild groups or jump into groups that are tagged and properly split (those ones are even easier).   Just a group of randoms that show up come convergence time and hit the public one.  They aren't hard to do.   Most of the time  the issue would be too many people just expecting everyone else to carry them (ie skyscale fireballers).     These have been out for a good while now, so most folks should know the mechanics by now, if folks feel the need to only hit 1 and afk while they watch netflix then they really dont have my sympathy if the instance fails. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

i have failed one. many players were dying constantly so they lose the zojja balls. and then she died