QOL: Mail Cap & Gold Cap

Angelz.9713

I would really love to see the mail cap of 10 per account to be increased. I know this cuts down on everyone storing things but for those of us that run active guilds and events this makes things rather difficult at times. I have 2 guilds that are sisters to each other and one of our favorite events is a guild lottery. I understand why the gold cap is there and I'm fine with it but our guild lottery has gotten so popular in the last year that I end up with mails stacking up with gold I can't claim until the next week until eventually I can't get any more mails. 
Please Anet, raise the limit of mails we can have or implement a feature where mails that have items that need to be claimed don't count towards the cap.
Its hard enough to keep guilds active these days but with things like this limiting us it makes it even more difficult. 

On a side note, being able to change the colors of our guild chats would be a huge QOL improvement!
Also, please implement account names on the mails sender rather than character names would be amazing!
Thanks! Looking forward to all of the new things in 2024
Happy New Year!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Angelz.9713 said:

I would really love to see the mail cap of 10 per account to be increased. I know this cuts down on everyone storing things but for those of us that run active guilds and events this makes things rather difficult at times. I have 2 guilds that are sisters to each other and one of our favorite events is a guild lottery. I understand why the gold cap is there and I'm fine with it but our guild lottery has gotten so popular in the last year that I end up with mails stacking up with gold I can't claim until the next week until eventually I can't get any more mails. 
Please Anet, raise the limit of mails we can have or implement a feature where mails that have items that need to be claimed don't count towards the cap.
Its hard enough to keep guilds active these days but with things like this limiting us it makes it even more difficult. 

On a side note, being able to change the colors of our guild chats would be a huge QOL improvement!
Also, please implement account names on the mails sender rather than character names would be amazing!
Happy New Year!

Yea you can have something like 50 mails only 10 visible tho.

Why not have people deposit into the guild bank instead you can see in the log who put in gold and how much cant you?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea you can have something like 50 mails only 10 visible tho.

Why not have people deposit into the guild bank instead you can see in the log who put in gold and how much cant you?

Because our guild bank history disappears way too fast and things get missed. We've tried that 🙂
If we can have up to 50 mails maybe they could just make them all visible to us. That would be super nice!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 11:07 PM, Angelz.9713 said:

Happy New Year!

I agree with Angel on a number of points raised, I would be more than happy for an increase in mail size & atleast an archiving system too, I'm sentimental, I don't want to dispose of them nor should I have too.

Following on from what Angel mentioned, I too am a guild leader, which means my mailbox is constantly full, plus every Christmas/New Years I like to send out gifts & mails to my guild mates, personally I find it hard to keep track of people by ign's as people often swap & change so it would be so much easier having the mails listed as peoples account names, like on here.

I don't know about the others, but I have personally been playing since early beta's & find it quite rediculous that we still have only 10 slots after all these years.... I could understand if the accounts we're beta or f2p accounts, but for the majority of people like myself who have been playing for as long as I have, its frustrating.

I hope we atleast see some improvements for the mailing system in 2024.

Happy New Year & Many thanks, FindAndSeek. ✌️💌

Edited by FindAndSeek.6728
  • Like 1

especially since there isn't a note system on the friends list, I want to keep mail to remember who I was talking to about what. 10 is really limiting. Though the better fix for that part would be to add a note system to Contacts.