WvW zerg Condition Carrion Soulbeast Build

Mell.4873

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

quick draw double LB arrow cart soulbeast is probably more impactful imo - note: I didnt say better than then normal scourge/zerker spam...

condi just gets cleansed too fast when facing larger group combat I find.

Well I use both and switch between them.

3 hours ago, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

The only viable build for rangers in a WvW squad is a heal druid. Heal Druid or GTFO. 

You can extend that to all builds. Nothing can deal with a boon ball at the end of the day. Just another boon ball. 

Ranger in general excel at stacking damage hense why I always say clashing is the key in any good build. The reason root builds are so prevalent for Rangers in Zergs is because you are trying to catch people in the clash outside the Boon/Healing.

The build on display tries to emulate that but with healing. It doesn't invalidate the role of Druid, it just gives you more options. 

The real reason the arrow cart build is good is becouse of the mass cripple you apply which can slow down some of the Zerg members 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well I use both and switch between them.

You can extend that to all builds. Nothing can deal with a boon ball at the end of the day. Just another boon ball. 

Ranger in general excel at stacking damage hense why I always say clashing is the key in any good build. The reason root builds are so prevalent for Rangers in Zergs is because you are trying to catch people in the clash outside the Boon/Healing.

The build on display tries to emulate that but with healing. It doesn't invalidate the role of Druid, it just gives you more options. 

The real reason the arrow cart build is good is becouse of the mass cripple you apply which can slow down some of the Zerg members 

You cant insist of bringing a soulbeast to a competitive squad when other classes can do so much better. if you wanna cloud as a soulbeast, that's up to you. But even a mirage has more use than any soulbeast to a squad. As what I said earlier, it's either Heal Druid or GTFO.  WvW is not the same as PVE. 

Edited by PrinceValentine.9320
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

You cant insist of bringing a soulbeast to a competitive squad when other classes can do so much better. if you wanna cloud as a soulbeast, that's up to you. But even a mirage has more use than any soulbeast to a squad. As what I said earlier, it's either Heal Druid or GTFO.  WvW is not the same as PVE. 

Nope, Heal druid sucks if all you do it keep everyone on life support untill they die. 

Look the landscape of playstyles and Zergs is vast. Have you ever heard of a Pirate Ship Zerg, Longbow Ranger really excel at this.

Not everyone organises as a Zerg to so what would happens if your Zerg of 20 players has to face 40 unorganised players. New strategies need to be developed. 

Having not one but many different options for your preferred class is best way to deal with this.

In conclusion, I'm not saying this build replaces any Druid playstyle. It's just another option one that can deal with the exact build you are trying to promote a pure healer Druid. 

2 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Heal Druid is one of the meta picks right now, due to constant heal stream and condi cleanse.
It's also not really bothered by your poison, since 50% less healing is not a problem when CA overheals anyway.

Well, that like saying you should not attack a boon ball because they will always out heal you. Everything counts it is not just pure healing that can win the fight.

53 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well, that like saying you should not attack a boon ball because they will always out heal you. Everything counts it is not just pure healing that can win the fight.

In a boon ball all that matters is instantly bursting anyone unlucky to get stab removed and pulled into your zerg, splitting up the stack with cc or slapping on enough siege, to make enemy siege break.

Healing is there so chip damage doesn't amount to anything. If the damage taken per player is 2-4k per second, while healing is 6-10k per second, how much does poison do?

17 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

In a boon ball all that matters is instantly bursting anyone unlucky to get stab removed and pulled into your zerg, splitting up the stack with cc or slapping on enough siege, to make enemy siege break.

Healing is there so chip damage doesn't amount to anything. If the damage taken per player is 2-4k per second, while healing is 6-10k per second, how much does poison do?

Perfect so when they are pulled they now have 50% healing reduction and 3k bleed and poison on them. If I get a full 5 allies to stance share I get numbers close to 7k poison ticks, short bow spam can also do the same for Bleed. 

The trick is that crazy high Condition Damage. 

Still would probably go with a condi burst untamed build like this:

End of the video has some brief EBG stuff because as we discussed here it's hard to get good condi applications around bigger groups--kinda still have to target snipe / use untamed ambush skills for AoE dmg.  

For condi prefer it even over my roaming druid as staff doesn't do a great deal in a group setting outside of heal potential--use staff in roaming for its kiting ability but that's 1vX situations.  Can see that in the video too when I get overconfident in bay and am met with being chased by a zerg 😂.

Anyway, after messing around the past few days, think I vastly prefer just power melee untamed in bigger group settings---have a hammer build can get off some nasty dmg.  Maybe will put some clips of it together one day...but I like it more as can be more direct because the melee weapon skills like hammer are AoE to begin with.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Still would probably go with a condi burst untamed build like this:

End of the video has some brief EBG stuff because as we discussed here it's hard to get good condi applications around bigger groups--kinda still have to target snipe / use untamed ambush skills for AoE dmg.  

For condi prefer it even over my roaming druid as staff doesn't do a great deal in a group setting outside of heal potential--use staff in roaming for its kiting ability but that's 1vX situations.  Can see that in the video too when I get overconfident in bay and am met with being chased by a zerg 😂.

Anyway, after messing around the past few days, think I vastly prefer just power melee untamed in bigger group settings---have a hammer build can get off some nasty dmg.  Maybe will put some clips of it together one day...but I like it more as can be more direct because the melee weapon skills like hammer are AoE to begin with.  

Most of the inspiration for this build comes from videos you and others post not from Metabattle. As far as what's on display I prefer Sword for this type of roaming. 

I have seen some good hammer clips for Untamed but It is always the perfect situation for them to engage. 

This build is more about counter pushing. People over extend into a small group of players. They get poisoned and bleed to death. Most of the druid builds are all about pushing into players. 

For roaming I either use two main-hand swords or two main-hand Axes depending on who I'm facing. I literally have all 8 build slots dedicated to something.