Chronos and Virtuosos PvE Defense/Sustain Problems

SeTect.5918

4 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

You...I....are you literally just popping into Dragon's End and grabbing the buffs and going on your way? I didn't know it would follow you off the map; never occured to me to even try.

Well i dont, I just did it once to see the outcome.

You can do that, but i m too lazy to get myself the buffs first before i wanna do anything in open world. You also lose the buffs whenever you enter any instance.

10 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Well i dont, I just did it once to see the outcome.

You can do that, but i m too lazy to get myself the buffs first before i wanna do anything in open world. You also lose the buffs whenever you enter any instance.

If you are going to spend any time in open world, there is no reason not to get the Jade buffs.  You already know how strong they are, and you can make OW Solo builds that abuse them.

You wouldn’t consider raiding or fractals without consumables like food.  Why open world without the most impactful effect available?

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

If you are going to spend any time in open world, there is no reason not to get the Jade buffs.  You already know how strong they are, and you can make OW Solo builds that abuse them.

You wouldn’t consider raiding or fractals without consumables like food.  Why open world without the most impactful effect available?

You can storage food in your backpack, you cant storage these buffs in the backpack, you have to go to take them every single time before you go in open world.

Anyway, you basically dont need to create any solo builds if you have these buffs active because they give you the ability to deal benchmark dps for several seconds while being solo.
Personally I am too lazy to go to EoD everytime I want to play open world solo.
I am someone who swaps between instanced, WvW and open world quite often.
So I go open world, have to get buffs first, go wvw, lose my buffs, go open world again and have to refresh buffs, go fractals and lose the buffs, go open world again, go strikes and lose the buffs and so on.
I cant play 1 mode for hours straight, its boring for me so i switch quite often in 1 day.
Sometimes i also go in home instance for nodes which again lets me lose my buffs.

I m too lazy to refresh them 10x per day. Thats why I make straight solo builds for myself which can handle the boon uptimes also without the boons, even if the damage isnt as high instead of going straight dps builds with these buffs.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

30k? 34k?
yeah sure man keep dreaming.
Video or wont trust you. Unless you are talking about EoD boon and damage/defense protocal things.

I have to agree Virtuoso should be 20-35k but It can depend. 

Mirage has a very tight rotation and needs to be close to all it the enemies. While Virtuoso can do silly thing like hit open world Dragon's in both legs and it's face all in one attack.

Mirage is still a much harder rotation so maintaining it while doing mechanics can lead to mistakes while Virtuoso is much easier. When I compare how often I'm active casting/queing skills Virtuoso comes out on top.