Got a lot of experience for no reason.

Hi!

I was level 58 (or 59) and doing a quest (a heart).
Then I was sorting out items for consumables.
I got lvl up,  but for some reason I immediately became 64.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the experience.

I don't know how to insert screenshots correctly. I hide them in the spoiler.

I'm just wondering - why did this happen? Did I miss something? 

Thx!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The buffed the Exp gain when leveling alot recently. 

To make it faster for new players to get to the good stuff. 

Is there this information somewhere? The scale, where and how much experience will be given? Or under what conditions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, tratataadasd.4610 said:

Is there this information somewhere? The scale, where and how much experience will be given? Or under what conditions?

They increases Exp gain in general and added a bunch of achievements that give lots of Exp. 

But in your case, looking at the screenshot, you probably consumed items that direct give Exp. These are also earned via gameplay. 

Stuff like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Writ_of_Experience

• Like 1

Do you remember if you got a lot of achievements at the same time this happened?

My first guess is that you completed one category of the Character Adventure Guide and unlocked the next one but the character had already done a lot of stuff which counted towards the achievements so a lot of them completed one after the other. That can easily happen if you're not using them as a guide because many of the achievements have to be completed in specific maps, so it's easy to start on later achievements before unlocking them, and if that happens your progress is still tracked and all the achievements are awarded together when the category unlocks.

You probably already know this, but just in case: levelling up quickly isn't a problem, you won't miss anything or get locked out of any parts of the game because of being above the recommended level, the worst that will happen is you suddenly have a lot of level up rewards and maybe a lot of new abilities to sort out all together.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They increases Exp gain in general and added a bunch of achievements that give lots of Exp. 

But in your case, looking at the screenshot, you probably consumed items that direct give Exp. These are also earned via gameplay. 

Stuff like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Writ_of_Experience

I thought about such consumables, but I didn't have them and I didn't use them. Thanks anyway!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Do you remember if you got a lot of achievements at the same time this happened?

My first guess is that you completed one category of the Character Adventure Guide and unlocked the next one but the character had already done a lot of stuff which counted towards the achievements so a lot of them completed one after the other. That can easily happen if you're not using them as a guide because many of the achievements have to be completed in specific maps, so it's easy to start on later achievements before unlocking them, and if that happens your progress is still tracked and all the achievements are awarded together when the category unlocks.

You probably already know this, but just in case: levelling up quickly isn't a problem, you won't miss anything or get locked out of any parts of the game because of being above the recommended level, the worst that will happen is you suddenly have a lot of level up rewards and maybe a lot of new abilities to sort out all together.

I was also thinking about achievements.
Among the recently received ones, I have only 2 achievements with 2 items as a reward. Which provide experience. And I have gained experience 9 times in the same amount.
It is quite possible that I did not understand the interface of the game and did not see something

And the reason why I decided to ask on the forum is banal curiosity.

Thanks for the answer!

We can assume that the topic is closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, tratataadasd.4610 said:

It is quite possible that I did not understand the interface of the game and did not see something

Just to help you with the interface a bit. I love the achievement system but it is a bit bloated and confusing.

The adventure guide has Meta Achievements. It will say "Do 20 achievements in this section" out of 23 or whatever. Once you do you get a big rewards (in this case experience) and it opens up the next section. I assumed you had map completions or other things done which gave you the bunch of same xp from the next volume of the guide. The achievement panel however only shows the last 3 completed so it pushed the others off. They do pop up on the right side above the map as well briefly when completed.

You can also track an achievement by using the "eye" icon on them. Click that and it will go under your story in a "watch list". You can pin a bunch of these to remind yourself of things you are working on so you don't forget what you are working on between sessions.

As an altaholic who weirdly actually likes to play "lowbies" in core zones, sometimes I find the fast xp a bit annoying tbh.  I kind of enjoy just poking around on low level chars and exploring the nooks and crannies without fast xp, pretending I have no mounts and no fancy gear or weapon skins etc.  In another game I play, there is an xp disabler that you can wear to block xp gain whenever you want.  Sometimes I wish we had that here, just to slow down the pace a bit on alt play.  I know, call me crazy... 😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tratataadasd.4610 said:

Hi!

I was level 58 (or 59) and doing a quest (a heart).
Then I was sorting out items for consumables.
I got lvl up,  but for some reason I immediately became 64.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the experience.

I don't know how to insert screenshots correctly. I hide them in the spoiler.

I'm just wondering - why did this happen? Did I miss something? 

Thx!

probably the guide missions(yellow achievs)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, RavensSorrow.6128 said:

Just to help you with the interface a bit. I love the achievement system but it is a bit bloated and confusing.

The adventure guide has Meta Achievements. It will say "Do 20 achievements in this section" out of 23 or whatever. Once you do you get a big rewards (in this case experience) and it opens up the next section. I assumed you had map completions or other things done which gave you the bunch of same xp from the next volume of the guide. The achievement panel however only shows the last 3 completed so it pushed the others off. They do pop up on the right side above the map as well briefly when completed.

You can also track an achievement by using the "eye" icon on them. Click that and it will go under your story in a "watch list". You can pin a bunch of these to remind yourself of things you are working on so you don't forget what you are working on between sessions.

Thanks! That's probably what happened. I got 9-10 achievements, but only the last 2 were displayed in the history.

I know that I can mark some of them, but I don't understand why I need it yet and I'm not doing it yet.

Thanks for the help! The community of the game pleases me.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, tratataadasd.4610 said:

I know that I can mark some of them, but I don't understand why I need it yet and I'm not doing it yet.

It adds them to the list of objectives on the right-hand side of the screen. The main reason to do that is to keep track of your progress - if you're actively working on an achievement it makes it easier to see what you've done, how far you've got left to go and especially checking if things count towards it.

The other benefit is that it over-writes the default list, which until level 80 is the Character Adventure Guide and then gets replaced with the Wizards Vault dailies. Tracking just 1 achievement reduces the clutter in the list.

• Like 1