Can we have some adjustment for Power Zerker in PvP please?

Since all of the power weapons have easy to dodge burst skills:

• Can some sustain options be afforded to power berserker that don't rely on hitting people with burst skills?
  • Can the Primal Burst skills count as T3 trait activations to reward warriors for making that happen despite the difficulty of landing bursts on people with eyes?
  • Can Berserk be decoupled from the adrenaline requirement? 
  • Can Power Zerker be rewarded for holding on to adrenaline?

The one second of strike damage immune from Savage Instinct isn't cutting it while I try to land decapitate/arc divider on an opponent to activate my 200hp per second regeneration. They have eyes, unfortunately.

Arms rework doesn't help because landing a burst is required to activate the trait, and since berserk bursts count as Tier 1 the trait is only activated for two seconds, which makes the follow up damage easily readable to anyone with eyes, which I am told is a large proportion of people who play competitive sphere video games. 

Please? Thanks. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 1:02 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:
  • Can some sustain options be afforded to power berserker that don't rely on hitting people with burst skills?
    • Dead or Alive could do this! Heals based on a portion of the adrenaline when Entering Berserk and Exiting (if using EC). (1.5% on exiting per 1 adrenaline. 1% on entering per 1 adrenaline). It would lose the converting damage to healing portion, however.
  • Can the Primal Burst skills count as T3 trait activations to reward warriors for making that happen despite the difficulty of landing bursts on people with eyes?
    • Bloody Roar could do this! 10% damage increase, T3 Primal Bursts, Resistance? What's not to love?
  • Can Berserk be decoupled from the adrenaline requirement? 
    • See, we could do this. But you run into issues such as the cool down being knocked up due to being a free-to-press button. I'd rather go the approach of making adrenaline easier for Berserker. It auto-fills its adrenaline on entering so it doesn't really punish you for entering.
  • Can Power Zerker be rewarded for holding on to adrenaline?
    • This could be another Bloody Roar thing. Perhaps something about 'overcapping' on adrenaline is converted into something, not sure what.

The one second of strike damage immune from Savage Instinct isn't cutting it while I try to land decapitate/arc divider on an opponent to activate my 200hp per second regeneration. They have eyes, unfortunately.

• I think the main thing going on here is that Zerker lost its AH stacks when landing the Enter Berserk damage. Perhaps they could make it activate AH max stats for free, only when EC is equipped though.

Arms rework doesn't help because landing a burst is required to activate the trait, and since berserk bursts count as Tier 1 the trait is only activated for two seconds, which makes the follow up damage easily readable to anyone with eyes, which I am told is a large proportion of people who play competitive sphere video games.

• Arms needs its 100% crit chance duration increased to last like 3-5s instead of what it is.

30 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I would ideally like a couple of these changes to not be tethered to bloody roar since the reworks to berserker made it weaker (berserk is now rage,  EC weaker, divider weaker, savage weaker, etc) in exchange for the pretty significant handle on exiting zerk mode early/ the less important normal bursts out of berserk.

Instead of seeing that as free room, consider what you get locked into by taking bloody roar in the first place.  Id imagine that GM is probably better suited for a pulsing boon in its current state.

Is having to commit to zerk for 15+ seconds worth the T3 activations? What builds does that balance change reward? The way I see that, you're gonna make gunflame zerkers more powerful and do nothing for melee. The former can commit to that lockout, the latter can't. 

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I would ideally like a couple of these changes to not be tethered to bloody roar since the reworks to berserker made it weaker (berserk is now rage, normal bursts out of berserk, EC weaker, divider weakee) in exchange for the pretty significant handle on exiting zerk mode early.

Instead of seeing that as free room, consider what you get locked into by taking bloody roar in the first place.  Id imagine that GM is probably better suited for a pulsing boon in its current state.

I still like the original ideas we debated WAY before the EC change about Bloody Roar activating on-Berserk traits to gain Quickness/Superspeed on burst. We also debated on Bloody Roar pulsing Resistance every 3s. Weakness/Blindness/Chilled/Immobilize/Slowness/Fear/Taunt immunity would be awesome.

I've actually been wondering if they could give Beserk back its Taunt... Taunt is a mechanical MESS but it was amazing for Beserker for the brief time it existed.

• Entering Beserk Taunts nearby enemies for a brief duration
  • Pulsing Resistance on a 3s interval
  • Increased Strike Damage

That would make the trait much more appealing in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I still like the original ideas we debated WAY before the EC change about Bloody Roar activating on-Berserk traits to gain Quickness/Superspeed on burst. We also debated on Bloody Roar pulsing Resistance every 3s. Weakness/Blindness/Chilled/Immobilize/Slowness/Fear/Taunt immunity would be awesome.

I've actually been wondering if they could give Beserk back its Taunt... Taunt is a mechanical MESS but it was amazing for Beserker for the brief time it existed.

• Entering Beserk Taunts nearby enemies for a brief duration
  • Pulsing Resistance on a 3s interval
  • Increased Strike Damage

That would make the trait much more appealing in my opinion.

This i would go for, yes.  That has enough situational application to be a contender vs EC .