Wrong Teams again

I tried to get matched up with my current guild. I must have got on too late, because I did not have the option to set the WvW guild during the match making process. 

I cannot play with my guildies. If I understand the post regarding team transfers, then I won't be able to raid with my guildies for the next 4 weeks, or until a team creation event happens (whatever that is). 

29 minutes ago, InspectorCaracal.2970 said:

*raises hand* I'm on the wrong team, I got put on First Haven with pretty much nobody I know and my selected guild is on Skrittsburgh.

Not to mention, the beta tab for World Restructuring shows absolutely no guild team assignments for me.

That's funny.  We have a guild member on Skrittsburgh who is supposed to be on First Haven.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KRNelson.9863 said:

There is a post on a match making bug on EU, though I am on NA. For NA, assuming that there isn't an issue with the actual matchmaking. This feels way more like "Instructions Unclear" than it does "User Error". 

There's at least two bugs that occurred.  One was fixed for the EU reset.  The other is being investigated.  If you did the guild selection correctly before the deadline last night and still got placed on the wrong team, you should see your guild selection still as "pending".  That's the 2nd bug.

I've never been assigned to my selected guild before so this isn't anything new for me.
But just in case this helps any:

Glacius.4560
Currently in: Seven Pines
Expected to be in: Thornwatch
with the Seafarer's community guild.

If i could be swapped around that'd be great.

Yesterday, me and my friend joined Skrittsburgh.

Now today I got moved to Giant's Rise and my got moved to another different team. We now cannot play WvW together and we cannot change team. What the hell is the point of this if we get randomly switched without notice and cannot play with friends?!

Edited by sonic.7326

Wasn't aware this beta was going ahead and now cannot play with friends either.

Do we really expect people to not be able to play with their friends for 4-6 weeks if this system ever goes live?
At that point I'd just go play something else.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Araleg.3152 said:

Wasn't aware this beta was going ahead and now cannot play with friends either.

Do we really expect people to not be able to play with their friends for 4-6 weeks if this system ever goes live?
At that point I'd just go play something else.

That's where I am at.

I logged in twice since this disaster was pushed through without any foresight...   Just to check if all the random swapping of people around might have 'by chance' landed me in the same team as my friends who I originally had no problems teaming with via our server that we intentionally spent money moving to, just so we could play together in the first place...

And well....   Seems like Anet's solution to their server balance problem is to completely remove interest from even playing the game in the first place by making teams arbitrary, effectively random, and a complete hope and a wish as to weather you can play with your friends on what effectively is a game driven by its multiplayer element.

Those two times I logged in lasted for about a minute as I confirmed that I was still tied to the same abstract team that I don't know while any other friend is isolated the same way in some other instance.  Logged out immediately after in further disappointment and simply been playing something else or doing something besides gaming all together.

I'll probably lurk around the forums for another day or two in the unlikely chance Anet sees how terrible a system this is and they revert back to normal gaming...   But for the most part I'll probably not look back to GW2 until around the 25th, at which point I'll see if I can convince one of my buddies to try come back and attempt this junky match making BS one last time.

But if this is Anet's vision for WvW moving forward... it'll be a terrible loss of a mmo and PvP game mode that I have enjoyed for years that I'll probably not be coming back to.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 7:30 PM, InspectorCaracal.2970 said:

*raises hand* I'm on the wrong team, I got put on First Haven with pretty much nobody I know and my selected guild is on Skrittsburgh.

Not to mention, the beta tab for World Restructuring shows absolutely no guild team assignments for me.

I got moved to the right team! Thank you Anet devs 😄

Edited by InspectorCaracal.2970
typo