Best engineer spvp spec right now?

Kstyle.5829

I come back after 6 months and it seems scrapper has been gutted.  Now meta battle is not reliable whatsoever, and guildjen is pretty unreliable so I come here to ask what scrappers are running.  All you people dueling till 4 in the morning give me a run down on what to play 

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Confused 2

hammer, nades, blast, bulwark, choice of elite.
chronomancer relic
dragon hunter or scholar or scrapper rune
zerker
cleansing, battle

scrapper, tools, explosives.   I take the extra health in explosives tier 2.   My scrapper is a bit more scrappy than the uber burst variant.  Against super bursts, I'll sometimes run scrapper rune over the pure damage rune.

I take swift kits over the reveal trait usually.    I don't take the regen trait in scrapper but the one that gives damage bonus for swift, stab and superspeed.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:21 PM, shion.2084 said:

hammer, nades, blast, bulwark, choice of elite.
chronomancer relic
dragon hunter or scholar or scrapper rune
zerker
cleansing, battle

scrapper, tools, explosives.   I take the extra health in explosives tier 2.   My scrapper is a bit more scrappy than the uber burst variant.  Against super bursts, I'll sometimes run scrapper rune over the pure damage rune.

I take swift kits over the reveal trait usually.    I don't take the regen trait in scrapper but the one that gives damage bonus for swift, stab and superspeed.

Ah ok thats exactly what I'm running right now

The build listed on metabattle, with shredder gyro, not slick shoes, is the most optimal build. 

Shion's setup is good too, but I'd say drop either cleansing or courage sigil for energy.

If you want to go glass cannon, infiltration and deadeye runes are better than scholar or dragonhunter. 
if you're asking for best sPvP spec, and not just best scrapper setup, then Holo is just as good as Scrapper after the nade auto nerfs, depends on the matchup.

Edited by Trevor Philips.3824

8 hours ago, Trevor Philips.3824 said:

The build listed on metabattle, with shredder gyro, not slick shoes, is the most optimal build. 

Shion's setup is good too, but I'd say drop either cleansing or courage sigil for energy.

If you want to go glass cannon, infiltration and deadeye runes are better than scholar or dragonhunter. 
if you're asking for best sPvP spec, and not just best scrapper setup, then Holo is just as good as Scrapper after the nade auto nerfs, depends on the matchup.

The shredder variant gets a CC on its toolbelt which is nice, but these days with the incredible bunker and build specs, the burst add from shredder isn't worth not having sustain, projectile denial and the extra health that bulwark gives you in my opinion.

Running one stun break and no stability is even less viable, especially with stealth nerfs and super speed nerfs.

Edited by shion.2084

Tools Holo and Power Scrapper are both viable options. 

Core is surprisingly decent as well. It used to be gutter tier but recent changes have helped it out immensely. 

Rifle still sucks tho. Stick to hammer.