EDIT: MYSTERY SOLVED!! THANKS!!! UNKNOWN (to me) Back Piece with an animated EYE!!!!

Greetings,

last week I saw a Reaper on her Skyscale while waiting for the Convergence gate to open. Her Fashion was pretty good, and I saw on her back some piece which I have never seen before. It wasn't a guild BP with an EYE on it, it was an animated eye similar to the Eye of Rodgort Scepter or the Eye of Zhaitan. However, it had a more slit-like pupil like the Eyes of Fate, Judgement etc. in the Hall of Chains raid before Dhuum.

I have looked EVERYWHERE it seems. It's not on the BP list wiki. It's not on the Bank Fashion Preview for Backpacks either. It was indeed a Necromancer who was wearing it so, it wasn't a shield. I COULD be mistaken, and it could be the shield, the Branded Eye of Argon, but I remember that it was GREENISH/Toxic in color. Plus it was animated. My only guess at this point is that it was something discontinued, and yes, I looked on the discontinued item wiki. That was beyond my patience clicking the hundreds of links.

If ANYONE has any clue what this might be, let me know even if it is discontinued. Curiosity has the better of me now, and it seems that I have exhausted most avenues of inquiry aside from these forums or Reddit. 

Thank you!

Edited by Tenal.1546

Take a gander here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_back_items

You can also try the wardrobe, but some skins aren't shown there until you unlock them.

EDIT: Reading is fundamental. You stated you already looked here. Apologies.

Edit 2: I was thinking further on this. Based on the description and the mention of it being a reaper, or at least a necro, I was also thinking greatswords.

Is it perhaps the Abomination Greatsword? When stowed across the back, the eye faces outward, and the eyes on these weapons are green, have slit-type pupils, and move around like they are looking at things.

The gallery of greatswords and the gs skin page on the wiki do not reveal this, as the image used on both is of the weapon drawn with the eye side facing away from the camera. If you do not find it in the wardrobe, here's a video that previews each skin -- link should be to the timestamp for the greatsword. https://youtu.be/kbskPSyh-Mc?si=8hWh-r4VK3vGys3M&t=390

Edited by synk.6907
added greatsword skin info and a preview
  • Like 3

I agree the Abomination Greatsword sounds likely. All the abomination weapons have a green animated eye with a slit pupil, and a reaper with a greatsword would have it across their back. They could have been wearing a backpack as well which would make it harder to see what the eye was attached to.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tenal.1546 said:

Greetings,

last week I saw a Reaper on her Skyscale while waiting for the Convergence gate to open. Her Fashion was pretty good, and I saw on her back some piece which I have never seen before. It wasn't a guild BP with an EYE on it, it was an animated eye similar to the Eye of Rodgort Scepter or the Eye of Zhaitan. However, it had a more slit-like pupil like the Eyes of Fate, Judgement etc. in the Hall of Chains raid before Dhuum.

I have looked EVERYWHERE it seems. It's not on the BP list wiki. It's not on the Bank Fashion Preview for Backpacks either. It was indeed a Necromancer who was wearing it so, it wasn't a shield. I COULD be mistaken, and it could be the shield, the Branded Eye of Argon, but I remember that it was GREENISH/Toxic in color. Plus it was animated. My only guess at this point is that it was something discontinued, and yes, I looked on the discontinued item wiki. That was beyond my patience clicking the hundreds of links.

If ANYONE has any clue what this might be, let me know even if it is discontinued. Curiosity has the better of me now, and it seems that I have exhausted most avenues of inquiry aside from these forums or Reddit. 

Thank you!

Probably one of the abomination weapons.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1

• Tenal.1546 changed the title to EDIT: MYSTERY SOLVED!! THANKS!!! UNKNOWN (to me) Back Piece with an animated EYE!!!!