Fractals of the Mists Fractures The Playerbase

2 minutes ago, WinterBeats.1092 said:
20 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

it already dont since people can clear raids in green gear.

Really, who's taking those players in T4's

I would take time aslong as they have enough ar.

Since they can do content in green gear that other people need ascended for fractals would be a brease with them.

Edit

I think you miss read my post if players have to self handicap themselfs down 3 whole gear tiers to have a challenge everyone would like to play with them.

Edited by Linken.6345

55 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I would take time aslong as they have enough ar.

Since they can do content in green gear that other people need ascended for fractals would be a brease with them.

Edit

I think you miss read my post if players have to self handicap themselfs down 3 whole gear tiers to have a challenge everyone would like to play with them.

My point makes your point, gear should never have that much impact on raiding, as it totally negates player skill, which is what raiding is about. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, WinterBeats.1092 said:
2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

it already dont since people can clear raids in green gear.

Really, who's taking those players in T4's

You are right, technically people can clear raids in green gear but most do not have that skill level and should not be expected to. Also the BIS "requirements" for raids usually pertain to new players/groups (as a upfront investment) because of the slim margins for the mechanics especially with the new players' initially skill levels taken into account, while veterans have both the skill and the gear already (i..e. the investment is the reward) (except for legendary gear - I could see that point on that part for raids).

Raids are also a 1 tier activity so its hard to make a gating system similar to fractals.

Edited by ronkul.1320

23 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

You are right, technically people can clear raids in green gear but most do not have that skill level and should not be expected to. Also the BIS "requirements" for raids usually pertain to new players/groups (as a upfront investment) because of the slim margins for the mechanics especially with the new players' initially skill levels taken into account, while veterans have both the skill and the gear already (i..e. the investment is the reward, except for legendary gear - I could on that part for raids).

Yet Anet and the game itself doesn't even tell new players where to start if they want to invest in endgame raiding/crafting ascended gear.  All the information about every in-game system needs to be researched from an outside source if you want to play this game beyond casually and running the maps in the open world. Anet doesn't seem to really care about growing their raiding community.

Edited by WinterBeats.1092
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, WinterBeats.1092 said:

Yet Anet and the game itself doesn't even tell new players where to start if they want to invest in endgame raiding/crafting ascended gear.  All the information about every in-game system needs to be researched from an outside source if you want to play this game beyond casually and running the maps in the open world. Anet doesn't seem to really care about growing their raiding community.

Ofcourse they dont want to grow their raid community since the stoped doing more for said content after w7 in june 2019.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:09 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Why would they re-implement it? The reason for it is long gone. Just like the reason for Agony. Now you can start playing fractals immmediately at whatever tier you want (even going straight to CMs), and can gear up for that completely outside of that content. There's no reason to go back to what was obsoleted years ago.

And practically the only reason Agony remains as infusions (instead of being changed into some sort of account-wide system, or removed altogether) is that there's too many of those on TP (and too much gold has been spent on gearing up fractal characters throughout the years), and they haven't thought of the good way to make change without annoying at least some players. Well, that, and they don't seem to spend a lot of effort on fractals anymore.

I got an idea for the leftover or used agony resistance infusions. Maybe anet could have a merchant have the option to trade/convert existing agony resistance infusions into stat based infusions, legacy cosmetic infusions, ascended crafting materials, legendary intermediate materials, etc. at a rate of a certain number of a certain tier of + agony resistance infusions. For example +9 agony infusions can be traded for Deldrimor Steel Ingots at a 1 to 1 ratio. There is already a merchant that upgrades the lower tier agony infusions to higher tier ones anyways so maybe +9 agony infusions can be the standard. This move could also stabilize prices of certain materials or goods on the TP like how the wizard's vault did with mystic coins (though some could argue the price was stabilized a bit too high). This merchant idea is already similar to another in-game merchant that sells HoT items for wvw currency, Heroics Notary.

• Confused 3

• 3 weeks later...

A suggestion for improving ascended equipment value is to have a hard binding mechanism of ascended equipment. By hard binding a piece of ascended equipment to the account it is on (instead of just the automatic account binding) the equipment's corresponding single stat combination (i.e. berserker's) and equipment type piece (i.e. heavy chest armor piece) will be added to the account either as part of the armory (like legendary equipment but for a single stat combination per equipment type piece) or as an unlock where you can infinitely spawn the hard bound version of the equipment type piece on any characters (much like spawning the achievement skin unlocks). If it is the later, the hard bound equipment pieces would be un-salvageable (for legendary materials like dark energy), needs transmutation charges to change the skin for every piece (for both suggestions unlike legendary equipment), needs upgrade extractors for runes and sigils or something similar (for both suggestions unlike legendary equipment), and only unlocks the one corresponding stat combination per equipment type piece (for both suggestions unlike legendary equipment where all stat combinations current and future are unlocked). I think this change would truly make ascended equipment a "bridge" between exotic equipment and legendary equipment as anet has stated for it to be, while keeping legendary equipment the ultimate rewards (ascended equipment is only a one stat combination unlock for the account with less convenience (like a step by step unlock of the account towards legendary like powers) while legendary equipment unlocks all stat combinations and is the most convenient for the account). It would make making ascended equipment a cost worth investing into for the future more than just a gold tax for slightly higher stats or for fractals investment. The unbound regular account bound ascended gear can still be salvaged for legendary materials (i.e. dark energy and ascended accessories materials) and stat swapped via the mystic forge.

Edited by ronkul.1320
  • Confused 3