Split Weaver attunement CDs: enter 4sec -> 2sec; keep leave CD at 4sec

So I like weaver a lot but the 4sec attunement CD works poorly for anything not using sword or fresh air. I think it's kind of a shame, eg: noone plays weaver dagger cause the 4sec attunement CD feels really bad.

I think it would be totally reasonable to make weaver attunement CD to ENTER a new element 2sec (1.5sec with arcane) down from it's current 4sec *BUT* keep the attunement CD on leaving your current element as 4sec (or nerfing to 5sec).

Splitting into separate attunement-CD-on-enter and attunement-CD-on-leave makes weaver feel less punishing for non-tanky/non-FA builds while not breaking on-enter-attunement traits (eg: Evasive Arcana, the heal on entering water attunement in water). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 2:22 AM, Bizgurk.5639 said:

I still prefer the idea of making Unravel an F5 skill.

that's actually a great idea.

though since you went there, i would prefer "unravel lite" - just instantly fully attune to current element. with a fairly short CD, like 15sec.

On 2/3/2024 at 8:39 PM, scerevisiae.1972 said:

that's actually a great idea.

though since you went there, i would prefer "unravel lite" - just instantly fully attune to current element. with a fairly short CD, like 15sec.

It could become a trait to replace Woven Stride. Causes all attunement swaps to grant Swiftness, Unravel becomes your F5 mechanic. It has all the original effects of Stance Unravel, but we replace Unravel as a Stance itself for a new stance entirely.

It would still grant boons based on current attunement, reset the GCD for swapping to next attunement, and also has ammo.

Well after anet removed the draw back of eleit spec for most classes they need to look back on weaver atument swaping as being locked out of your core 3 skill and the delay of your 4/5 skills is an major draw back for the class. I was always an fan of backwards swaping (where you can chose to swap your 1 and 2 OR your 4 and 5) but an F5 unravle would be nice too (though an added F5 flip to go back into non core mood would be need as well).

Though if any thing the ability to only partly swap maybe better off just an utility effect a lot of elite spec class effects maybe better off as utility then full traite tables.

7 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

It could become a trait to replace Woven Stride. Causes all attunement swaps to grant Swiftness, Unravel becomes your F5 mechanic. It has all the original effects of Stance Unravel, but we replace Unravel as a Stance itself for a new stance entirely.

It would still grant boons based on current attunement, reset the GCD for swapping to next attunement, and also has ammo.

I've had a similar idea about unravel lately, just as a bonus for Elements of Rage since it's the trait that benefits the most for double attuning. They could tone down the boons from unravel or the damage bonus to compensate. A trait like woven stride, thematically focused on speed, should benefit weavers that want to swap through dual attunement skills faster imo.

• 3 months later...