I was wrong, they actually did a PvP rush.

Just now, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Is Rush a failure? I just had 4 ranked matches in a row and had the same team and opponents, and each and every time the matches played out the same way. This low population really sucks..

Guessing here but I'd say most of the people who are only playing for the rush will be in unranked

9 hours ago, asha.4159 said:

What an amazing time unironically! THANK YOU for bringing back the chance to get EU/NA/Chinese World tournament perma finishers.

I was really surprised those were included. Maybe one day they can bring back the Dolyak statue finishers for WvW as well.

10 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Guessing here but I'd say most of the people who are only playing for the rush will be in unranked

Also this was posted at 3-5am in America, and 1-11am in Europe, on a week day, neither region is going to be busy.

But yeah, you have to be over rank 20 to play ranked matches (I guess that changed at some point in the past because I've apparently played some previously, probably in 2014) and I suspect even people who are will pick unranked if they don't play PvP often.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:28 PM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Is Rush a failure? I just had 4 ranked matches in a row and had the same team and opponents every time, and each and every time the matches played out the same way. This low population really sucks..

Ranked is 50/50 most of the time, Rush does not really have anything to do with it.

Depends on your rank as well. Higher you go, higher chance that you will run into same folks.

Although not sure how much the playerbase shrinked past few months, perhaps it's noticable in lower elo as well.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:28 AM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Is Rush a failure? I just had 4 ranked matches in a row and had the same team and opponents every time, and each and every time the matches played out the same way. This low population really sucks..

Unranked is being swamped by high skill experienced PvPers squashing any new players that dare to show their face. So don't expect the population to improve any time soon, because it looks like you've got a lot of players that don't want that to happen.

Or you have a lot of people unable to recognise cause and effect, who can't see beyond the rush they get from one shotting someone with 10 minutes experience in the game mode.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2024 at 8:40 PM, Marxx.5021 said:

On NA its just a s h i t show. 2 of 3 matches with AFK/DC from start. This has nothing to do with PvP.

I agree about this. As veteran here i never seen such worst season start. Attempt to explain eg. thief he should cap is pointless too