an idea for berserkers.

JinONplay.8905

Instead of going to berserk mode to use berserk burst skills, why not just replace the normal ones with berserk burst version and turn it like an ammo system. instead of using the entire adrenaline bars

every time you use a berserk burst skill it will only use 1 adrenaline bar and you can recast it instantly (no cool down) until all the adrenaline bars are depleted, then once all the adrenaline bar is depleted it will have a cool down. adrenaline will not regenerate until you empty all adrenaline bars as a measure of balance. (adrenaline will still regenerate while it's on cool down)

there will still be a berserk mode but you don't have to full bar your adrenaline system to activate it, instead you can activate it instantly giving you the same buffs and traits (depending of what kind of trait line you use) exp: giving you increased damage and such.

the adrenaline system while ON berserk mode will be different. while on berserk mode you can use same the berserk burst skills but giving you the buffs your trait line will give, you can use berserk burst skills similar to the burst skill system above but instead of consuming adrenaline bars by using a berserk burst skill, adrenaline will slowly deplete until it is empty (berserk burst will not consume any adrenaline while on berserk mode or just consume a small portion of it) then you will return to normal mode and your burst skills will be on cool down.

While not engaging or hitting an enemy while ON berserk mode the adrenaline bar system will degrade faster.

I think your idea would have problematic interactions with some traits. Warrior is designed in such a way that you want to spend adrenaline in bulk (the more you consume at once, the better it is) instead of consuming it slowly over time. At least, that how I understand "GW2 warrior".

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I think your idea would have problematic interactions with some traits. Warrior is designed in such a way that you want to spend adrenaline in bulk (the more you consume at once, the better it is) instead of consuming it slowly over time. At least, that how I understand "GW2 warrior".

i do understand some traits will need to be changed if your profession is berserker, just like bladesworn, some traits are changed in order to situate with bladesworn. 

After all bladesworn in itself is incredibly different from both berserker and spellbreaker to a point that it almost feels like a completely different class (which honestly i really love since it's not just a hybrid of a profession, it feels like it's  a true Advanced profession in a sense)

i  understand what i said above it may not be related on my orginal posts.

I suppose what I'm saying some original traitlines will be changed to better suit the berserker i proposed on my original post. just like some traitlines were changed to suit bladesworn.

Edited by JinONplay.8905

I'm not a fan. I have no problem with generating adrenaline currently for berserk mode, the issue is a lot of reward for playing the class either comes late in the fight loop (You get berserker's power after hitting someone with a move that does 3-6k to them, which will probably put them in defensive play) or not at all (you get nothing for missing). Vs a good player that knows how to interrupt or avoid your telegraphs, and can move away or stall you long enough for your burst windows to close, you are essentially playing with two thirds of your traitlines. 

I think making it an ammo mode is too complicated. the burst cooldowns are short enough that they are up when they are needed. Adren requirement for Berserk mode is fine, but Anet should realize that "warrior turn red" is like a universal vibe check and will make people that have played -any- game with must-evade hits lock in. You either need to make getting hit by those things wretchedly debilitating, adjust sustain so the warrior has more chances to try (or more opportunity to create windows to try) or adjust the damage delivery so there's less room for evasion. 

I am personally a fan of the middle one, because people love to complain about 10k decaps while leaving out the fact that they stood there, eating popcorn, while it landed on their glass ele, but I don't think this problem is so esoteric that it needs a full adrenaline overhaul to work.

It was working, more or less, before. Then Anet decided to rework arc divider, bump up the cd on sundering leap, bump down the uptime on savage instinct, cut the damage on bloody roar, nerf eternal champion, etc etc. It's not a complicated problem to fix, Anet's just kind of allergic to berserker working. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261